𝟹.𝟸𝟷: 𝙶𝚒𝚟𝚎 '𝙴𝚖 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝙺𝚒𝚍 (𝟷𝟶𝟸)

-Narrator's perspective-

Just as their fight was over, the aftermath and mourning for the deceased had just begun. Everyone has their own way to mourn and so did Danielle for the friend she helped die. In the hands of the people that hates Davina the most, nonetheless. But she's lived long enough to deal with hightened emotions such as emotional pain and guilt. This year was no different.

Marcel holds vengeance none of them could even see. He sought to destroy his family that took the only daughter figure that he as. Betrayed him like any other enemy that the Mikaelson has. He is going to become a new enemy that Klaus Mikaelson will fear. That is his goal.

But he has his reasons and those reasons were validated. In his perspective, Klaus and his siblings let the Ancestors kill Davina. That they chose themselves rather than to help him, the boy they took in and called family. Like Klaus' son. They raised him, taught him, and then turned him.

Marcel relied on his so-called family to help Davina and bring her back to life. But he didn't expect (in his most desperate time to save Davina) the Mikaelsons to use her to destroy Lucien. And he couldn't understand why they didn't find another way.

Danielle, quiet and dealing with her own treasured guilt, was just finished getting ready for Camille's wake. She couldn't bring herself to show at Davina's, given that multiple people will bring hellfire to her even her own brother, Kol. Who she hasn't talked to since the last time.

Last time was after the day that Davina died which was awful timing. The wound of death was still fresh and Kol was a bomb that exploded when Danielle came to talk to him. In that talk, he didn't consider her as his sister but... a stranger. He came on about betraying Davina was betraying him and he was right. Danielle couldn't undo what she's done and had to deal with Kol's demeanour acts of wrath.

Besides the depressing part, Danielle had something else in her mind other than death. Who knew three words and eight letters would make her think so much that her mind would spin. Despite the righteous timing to declare her feelings towards Hayley, Danielle felt as though she shouldn't.

But not because she doesn't share those feelings. But because of Hayley losing a friend recently and would be forcing her love too early. Or perhaps late, she didn't know the difference.

"Apparently," Elijah exhaled, sitting down besides his sister in a deserted booth. "Whiskey's important."

"I've had a million of those, Elijah. It is important." She says while drinking her a million and one whiskey in her life. Classical music was in the background and indistinct chatters of people who attended Camille's wake was there in Rousseau's. "Is he alright?" Pertaining to Niklaus.

"He's Niklaus. He's dealing it his own way. You two have that in common." He says, looking around and landed eyes on Hayley talking to the kitchen staff about whiskey.

"Do not make this about me and how I cope, brother." Danielle said, stealing a glance at a certain hybrid before looking at the table in distain.

"Kol's mourning but he did not have to burst it out all on you."

Danielle shook her head, "He has every right
to- and shouldn't you be somewhere that is not here, Elijah? I don't know... helping Freya?" She asked, looking up at him.