Chapter 13

"CAN I HELP you prepare the dinner, sir?" He asked Ignis' dad, instead of following them upstairs.

"Oh, sure. But first, don't call me sir, tito na lang. But dad would be wonderful." He said with a teasing smile.

"Uhm, tito na lang po. So, what can I help you with po?" Nero asked while he was looking at the ingredients.

"Do you know how to cook?" Ignacio asked.

"Yes po. My parents own a restaurant po. It's at San Pablo." Nero answered.

"Oh, really? My bestfriend and I also have a restaurant there. It's called Verdadero Amigo Restaurant that's where the main branch is. Do you know that restaurant?" Ignacio asked while washing the carrot.

Nero's eyes widened when he heard the restaurant's name. "Wait, did you just said Verdadero Amigo Restaurant? Are you papa Roel's bestfriend?"

Ignacio stopped washing the carrot, then looked at Nero. "Roel Vasquez? He's your dad?"

"Yes. He used to tell me about you." Ani Nero.

"What the heck?! That's why you look familiar. You have your dad's eyes and nose, while your lips and eyebrows looks like your mom's." Ignacio was surprised.

Nero chuckled. "Yeah, you and Papa have the same thoughts. Mag-bestfriend nga po kayo."

Ignacio laughed. "If only you knew. We always agree with the same thing. Like building a restaurant. So here we are. We became business partners."

"That's why you also looked familiar."Nero smiled at him.

A couple of seconds later, he remembered something. "So if you're my Papa's bestfriend, then you must be the father of Apoy. Am I right po?"

"Oh, yeah. I remembered you and Ignis were friends when you were little. We used to go to your house and you and Ignis liked to play with each other. Even your sister. What's her name again?" Pinagpatuloy na ni Ignacio ang paghahanda ng pagkain habang nakikipag-usap kay Nero.

"Caeli po. So that means Ignis is Apoy?" Nero asked.

Ignacio nodded. "Yes."

"Your nicknames were very cute. Apoy 'yung kay Ignis, Tubig naman 'yung iyo." Natatawang dagdag ni Ignacio.

"I still remember why our nicknames was like that." Napailing-iling si Nero nang maalala ang dahilan.

"Yeah, because you would always contradict each other. Like fire and water." Natatawang ani Ignacio.

Nero chuckled. A couple of seconds later, he asked. "Is that the only reason why our nicknames were like that?"

Itinigil ni Ignacio ang ginagawa at umaktong nag-iisip. "Oh, right! There's a main reason why your nicknames were like that. Me and your dad planned it. We planned to name our kids with elements. Caeli, Nero and Ignis. Caeli and Ignis are Latin words that means air and fire, while yours is a Greek word that means water." Explained Ignacio.

They just continued their conversation while preparing dinner. 30 minutes later, the dinner is ready to serve.

"Hey, Ignis and friends! Dinner is ready!" Tawag nito.

Patapos na silang mag-handa nang makarating ang mga ito.

"Oh, hey son. I have news for you." Masayang ani Ignacio.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"What's up, Apoy?" Nakangiting ani Nero.

Ignis looked at Nero, brows furrowed. "What the hell is going on?"