Chapter 3

Ignis' POV

"Wake up, sleepyhead!!" that was dad knocking at the door outside my room.

"It's just 7:30, Dad! I'll go down when I'm hungry!" I shouted without opening my eyes.

"Oh? Did you forgot the Brigada Eskwela? That's today, son. It starts at 8 o'clock!"

My eyes widened after hearing that. Then I hurriedly got up from bed to get prepared. While his dad outside the room just chuckled while shaking his head. Then he went down to prepare breakfast.

I took a bath, brushed my teeth, and picked some clothes that I would wear. I decided to wear a plain black oversized shirt, ripped jeans, and white sneakers. Then I went down to eat breakfast. I just ate an egg sandwich and a glass of orange juice. Then my dad drove the car to the school.

Sinamahan ako ni Dad papasok sa school dahil may mga itatanong daw siya sa Principal.

"Go there and ask what you have to do and if you want to know your section, go to that board. I'll just talk to the Principal to know if you need anything." Ginulo niya ang buhok ko at naglakad na papunta sa opisina ng principal.

I saw a teacher and I approached him. Nginitian ko ito at bumati. "Good morning po, sir."

"Magandang umaga rin, hijo. Anong maitutulong ko sa'yo?"

"I'm a transferee here. Ano po ba ang dapat kong gawin?"

The teacher pointed at a line of people. "Humanay ka roon at may ibibigay sa iyo ang guro na nasa harapan."

"Salamat po." After that, I went to the line that the teacher was telling me. The line was quite long, so I have to wait for a couple of minutes before my turn.

When it was my turn, the teacher gave me a slip of paper. "Sagutan mo itong form at pumunta ka rito," Itinuro niya ang parte ng papel na may nakasulat na Building number at Room number. "Diyan mo makikita si Ginoong Mercado na may ibibigay na gawain sa iyo. Pipirmahan niya 'yang papel kapag nakatapos ka na sa kaniyang pinapagawa. Pagkatapos ay bumalik ka dito at ibigay ito sa akin."

Tumango-tango ako at nagtanong, "Saan ko po ba makikita ang room na ito, Ma'am?"

She gasped. "Ay! Transferee ka siguro, ano?"

Nangiti ako nang makita ang kislap sa mga mata niya. "Yes, ma'am."

"Hi! I'm Miss Claudine Flores. You can call me Ma'am Claud for short." She stretched her hand to me for a handshake and I accepted it.

"Ignis Lewis Romero, po."

Binitiwan na niya ang kamay ko at nagpatuloy na. "So, enough chika muna, anak. Itong building na ito na nasa likod nitong stage, doon mo makikita ang room na iyan."

I smiled at her. "Thank you po, Ma'am."

I went to the building, then searched for the room. I found it at the second floor of the building. Then, I spoke to the teacher to ask him what I have to do. He told me to help some of the students that were sweeping. So I grabbed a broom then helped them to clean the room. I also helped them from arranging the armchairs. After I finished cleaning, I asked for the teacher's signature.

I went down the building to hand back the form to the teacher. "Alam mo na ba kung ano ang section mo?"

Umiling iling ako. "Hindi pa po, Ma'am."

Itinuro niya ang board sa kaniyang kanan na may mga nakadikit na papel. "Hanapin mo na lang doon ang pangalan mo." Tumango ako at naglakad na papunta doon.

Habang papunta roon ay may pamilyar na bulto ng isang binata akong nakita na nakasuot ng brown na t-shirt, black jeans, at black sneakers. May tinitignan ito sa mga papel na nakapaskil. Nasa tabi na ako nito nang bigla siyang nagsalita.

"Ignis Lewis Romero." Then he chuckled.

'Why did he chuckled? And fuck, why does it sound so good when he says my name?' I asked through my mind.

Tumikhim ako para makuha ang atensyon niya. "Have any problems with my name?" I saw how shocked he was after hearing me speak.

I smiled then unconsciously whispered. "So cute." I stilled after I realized what I've just said.

"What did you say?" He asked, confused.

I cleared my throat. "Nothing. Excuse me, please."

Tumabi siya upang makita ko ang papel na tinitignan niya. Then there I saw my name printed under the section Grade 9 – Virgo.

The guy beside me spoke, "Magkaklase tayo," he said that with a smirk on his face. Then he stretched his hand at me. "I'm Nero Sebastian Vasquez."

Then I answered without taking his hand, "And I ... don't care." Then I left him there dumbfounded.

While walking, I dialed Dad's number to ask him where he was. He said he's in the car, so I ran to go to the car that was parked outside the school.

I hopped in, riding at the passenger's seat. Then dad drove away from the school. While on the way home, Dad asked me. "So, how did it go?"

I sighed. "It was okay, but there was a guy that pissed me off."

I didn't tell him that it was the guy that he saw from the mall dahil alam ko ang takbo ng utak niya.

"Why? What did he do to you?"

I answered with a shrug. "Honestly, he didn't do anything bad to me, Dad. Actually, I was the one being rude at him and I don't know why I got pissed."

He glanced at me for a moment before bringing his attention back to the road. "Oh, that's new. I know for a fact that you're a friendly person, kaya nanibago ako."

I sighed. "Forget about it. I'll apologize to him for being rude when I have the chance. Classmates naman kami e."

I changed the topic, bago pa man siya magtanong ng kung anu-ano. We were having some nonsense conversations while on the way home.

Dad parked the car then I went inside the house.

I was going upstairs when Dad asked, "I forgot to ask you, Do you know the guy that pissed you?"

'Hayy.. ito na nga ba ang sinasabi ko. Umiiral nanaman ang pagiging tsismoso nito.' I said through my mind.

I sighed before answering. "It was the guy that I told you that was staring at me at the mall."

A wide smile appeared on Dad's face. "What a coincidence, huh? Or maybe it's destiny? Maybe you're meant to be for each other? What do you think?"

And this was the reason why I don't want him to know that. He always thinks that all things that happens in our lives was destined to happen. He also likes to overthink things.

"Tch. I'm not a gay and I'm not a bisexual either, Dad."

Nagkibit balikat siya. "Well, if that's what you say so." Aniya nang may kakaibang tono, halatang hindi naniniwala.

"Whatever, Dad. I'm going to my room to freshen up, just call me if lunch is ready." Dad nodded, then I went to my room to take a bath.

While under the shower, I was asking my self some questions like,

'Why do I like staring at him?'

'Since when did I find a guy cute?'

'Why did my name sounded really good when he said it?'

But I didn't got an answer in all of them. Especially the last one.

'Am I turning bi?'

| eyendiariway |