Chapter 92: The Town Under Water

The day of our mission to investigate a town where Irene thinks one of the dragon gods might reside there finally came. The ones who where picked to go on this job had enough time to cope with the danger and risk of taking on a job like this. This is just a simple recon mission. Get in and get out, no fighting, no arguing, no aggregating a deity who can crush us with only his finger. With all the warnings and preparations finally done, Master Makarov debriefed us.

Makarov: Remember all of you, this is a mission to get information only. You are not I repeat you are not to engage in any sort of conflict that would lead to fighting, or worse. Please my children stay safe out there and may our first master watch over you.

Everyone in the guild was there to see us off, seemed like word got out about our mission. Levy and Mira hugged and said goodbye to Lucy, and Brandish was being Brandish doesn't show much emotion but inside she was worried. Jellal and Erza said there goodbyes, from what I could here he made her promise to come back safely. Meldy, Ultear and Juvia all hugged Gray. Juvia not wanting to let go kept asking him if she can come. Of course he said no, he cares for her safety. Gajeel, and Laxus simply nodded there heads at Irene, Wendy and myself wishing us luck. Mira and Brandish didn't say a word to me, with there silence I could hear a thousand words. Come back safe, don't do anything stupid, protect the others. Simple things like that. Besides everything that needed to be said has already been spoken between Mira and I. No need to go over it again.
We decided to go on our way with the guild mates yelling and waving goodbye to us, wishing us a safe trip. We made it to the station and got onboard the train and headed west to the town of Ermina. Irene had placed a spell on both Wendy and myself so we won't get motion sickness hopefully this last the entire ride to the town. You could tell everyone was on edge, any little thing, a small movement, any suspicious person, anything was enough for us to react. Irene didn't show any kind of nerves but yet again she's already met the dragon gods. I'm really hoping this is a rumor and that no high and mighty dragon lives there, other wise things can go south quickly.
All of us tried to distract our selves, Lucy brought her novel she's been writing for a while. She told me about it, it's basically a story about her self and all the adventures she's been on. Erza and Gray where playing cards. It's funny to watch those two because Erza tends to think Gray cheats every time when in reality Gray just has the better hand. Wendy summoned Carla and I called on Happy so they can hang out together. Irene secretly made a copy of Lucy's unfinished novel and was reading it since all the books she had she already finished them. I hope Lucy doesn't find out I told Irene about this, she'll kill me. As for me, I was looking out the window admiring the outside. After about a few hours or so we finally make it to our destination. The conductor announced that Ermina was the last stop. Oddly enough the six of us where the only ones on this train to this specific location. Hopping off the train the first thing you can smell is the ocean there was no need for you to have a good sense of smell to smell it. From in the station you could tell this town was a peaceful one. It's citizens where very polite. Where ever we walked we would get hellos from everyone. Being here in person you wouldn't be able to tell that people worshipped a god. We all decided to go to a near by restaurant to get something to eat before it got late. The restaurant we ended up going to specialized in seafood, of course they do. We ordered our food and stuffed ourselves with a feast, we ate so much that we could go a day without eating. We asked the waiter which hotel would be a great place to stay the night and she suggested us a near by place which had a lot of good reviews by past visitors who came to the town. So we decided why not, and went and checked out this place. When we arrived we saw the big sign on the front of the hotel. Hotel Journey was its name. The others went on ahead as Irene and I finally decided to go inside but before we could even step foot inside the hotel, the two of us felt a cold chill run down our spine even Wendy felt it she looked behind to us as of saying "You felt that?" Not wanting to alarm the others we just nodded and continued forward. We noticed the front desk was empty no one was there to help us.