ch 1; the beginning

Start from the beginning

The sight makes his stomach rumbling, unsettling, and he retches with the palm against the mouth while the other hand is pressing at the stomach.
Lucky him, his stomach calms down, and he looks sadly up at the girl.
"... N-no..." he stutters with tears forming in the eyes.
Link extends the arm out toward her but halts the movements with the fingertips only a few centimeters away from her shoulder. Afraid she would break down into dust if he touched her.
He swallows hardly, lowers the arm again, and drops the hand to the side of the hip.

The young man looks asking around in the village where the villagers are frozen with the last seconds of their life. A few of them seem running away in pure terror. With a face as they've had seen devil himself.
Link looks sadly at them. What happened? And can he undo the curse somehow?

In the corners of the eyes, he sees the house where he grew up with his single mother.
He gasps and jolts toward the house.
"... Mother?!..." he starts running toward the house where Medilia lives.

The fear of finding his own mother in the same horrible situation as the others makes him run swiftly despite peebles are hurting his bare feet. Hiding in the tall grass.
Due to the panic of finding out old friends were transformed into stones, he didn't ask himself... How the grass could be that overgrown despite it has only been a few days since the curse came... At least he thinks it's only been a few days.

At a moment, a sharp stone hurts him and makes him stumble forward a few steps while grunting in pain.
But the pain doesn't discourge him, and he keeps running toward the house.
At last, he swings the door open and enters the familiar house whose scent isn't very familiar anymore.
" MOM!... ARE YOU HERE?" He yells.
The young man grits the teeth from the silence and runs swiftly around in the house.
" MOTH-...Er..." he yells while entering the living room where the sight of Medilia makes his voice to die out.
The woman sits by the table. Petrified like the rest of the villagers.

Link inhales sniffling through the nose and furrows the eyebrows.
It can't be... Even his mother has been affected by the curse.
He starts trembling while the stomach starts twisting around and making knots.
The bottom lip starts trembling, and he kneels heavily down next to her at the floor. Planting the knees at the very dusty floor.
He can barely look at her.
Instead, he places a hand carefully at her knee. The touch feels cold and hard. Not like a living being.
Link swallows hardly where he bites the bottom lip while angry tears start sliding down his cheeks. For a brief moment, he blames himself. Thinking he could have stopped the curse somehow... Before the villagers were affected.
"... Sorry..." he presses out and glances ashamed up at her face. At least she doesn't look very terrified. Instead, she seems at peace somehow. Like a heavy burden had left her narrow shoulders.
The thought of her having a peaceful ending makes Link calm down a little.
Then another thought starts filling his head... Someone made this happen... And Link will make him pay!

The hylian slides the hand down from her knee and stands up.
"... Don't worry, mother... I will find the bastard who did this... And he will not be dead until he regrets he was born..." he growls and walks toward his old bedroom.

Despite it has been a while since he was visiting the house, he could still remember his belongings.
And the clothes on top of the bed don't look very familiar at all.
He raises an eyebrow and walks toward the bed, where he picks the green tunic up.
" That the -..." he gasps while eyeing the tunic up and down.
"... I can't remember these..." he mumbles while eyeing the short sleeved tunic and its matching pointing hat.

Link drops the tunic on the bed and starts putting on clothes.
Boxers. A pair of gray trousers and a white- long sleeved shirt.
Then he puts the unfamiliar clothes on. Without any clue, they belong to his twin brother.
A brother he hasn't seen in real life, but he has heard a little about through his mother.
On his brother, the tunic would hang loosely on his slender body. But at Link, the tunic isn't loose at all. Instead, it fits him perfectly. Embracing his muscular body where he proudly could walk around and let everyone get a glimpse of him.
Not in a slutty way. But in a dreamy way. There men could envy him, while women could drool.