ch 16; Farewell, for now

Sidon growls while following behind Link back to the domain.
"I can't believe you tricked me-..." he mutters.
"Oh that?... That's old news now... Get over it" Link snorts with crossed arms behind the head while walking.
Sidon glares at him.
"Oh-... By the way..." Link jolts and lowered the arms before he glances at him.
Sidon looks asking at him.
"You aren't completely my type... But since you called me handsome I might do the same..." he starts saying and makes Sidon to grit the fangs.
"I mean... For a guppy you are kinda handsome yourself..." he adds smirking.
Sidon flinches growling.
"IT WAS A LIE! I only said that since I thought you were my Link... I didn't wanted to make him sad"
Link snickers.
"Yeah yeah... Let's pretend you did..."
Sidon grunts.
"... You stupid dog..." he mumbles a little blushing.
Link hums happily a moment.
Then he remembered something.
"Oh-... Your sister asked me to say hi from her to you..." he tells him and glances over the shoulder.
Sidon tilts the face jolting against him.
"M-my S-sister?" He asks with increased heartbeats.
"Yup ... Her spirit still lives on Vah Ruta... She will keep her eyes on all of us"
Sidon swallows hardly and stops walking where he turns around to look at Vah Ruta.
"...S-sister..." he exhales sadly and couldn't believe her spirit is still here.
But he gets the feeling she's now looking down at him from the back of the Vah Ruta.
He smiles sadly and inhales deeply.
"Thank you..." he whispers.

The moment they came back inside the ice castle, Linkly welcomes them with a pout.
It seems he is also feeling much better than earlier. Not pale as before.
"Link!" Sidon flinches happily.
Linkly glares pissed at Link with crossed arms.
"I can't believe you drugged me!!!"
Link sighs.
"I'm sorry... But I've had to... You were sick and I didn't wanted you harmed...You gave me no choice" he shrugs.
Sidon looks asking at him.
"What did you do to him?" The Zora asks curiously while he could hear cheering from others Zoras since the rain has finally stopped.
"He drugged me!" Linkly looks at Sidon despite he knew Sidon couldn't hear him.
Link glances at Sidon.
"I gave him a sleep potion... Only 'cause I knew he would get harmed in his current state if he joined the fight..." he explains.
Sidon nods slowly.
Linkly scoffs.
"It was my choice! You don't have the right-..."
Sidon sighs and looks at Linkly.
"I'm sorry Link..." he cuts Linkly from ending the thought.
"Eh?" Linkly gasps surprised and looks at him.
Sidon shrugs.
"I shouldn't had suggested you should fight with me... I was wrong... But since I'm thich headed, I picked you since I was jealous at your brother... Which I shouldn't had..." the Zora prince apologizes.
"What?..." Linkly parts the lips surprised while zoras start surrounding them.
"We knew you would save us, our majesty..."
"Yeah... Thank you prince Sidon!"
Sidon chuckles nervously and shakes the head while swallowing the pride.
"Thank you... But, my brother-in-law was the one who did most of the job" he tells them and nods toward Link who raises a surprised brow since Sidon told the truth.
The zoras nod and start shaking Link's hand.
"Thank you...Thank you for saving us" they told him.
Link grins.
"No problem... I'm glad I could help you"

Sidon and the two Link enter the chamber where the king is laying in the bed. Waiting until the death will takes him.
"Father-..." Sidon says and walks toward the bed.
The king grunts asking and tries looking at his son with his tired eyes.
"Oh? Sidon is that you?"
"Yes father-... And I have news to tell you... Vah Ruta is under control and doesn't curses us with rain anymore..."
The king exhales relieved.
"Oh thanks vah Ruta for that... It seems she has forgiven us... For my sins..." the king says before coughing.
Sidon nods and gets the feeling as he has a knot in the gut. He really hates seeing his once strong father, in such a weak state.
"And my guest has something to tell you..." Sidon tells his father who looks asking at him.
The Zora prince nods toward Link.
Link nods back and walks closer to the bed.
"I deeply apologize my majesty, to disturb your rest..." Link clears the throat.
"It's alright... You wanted to tell me something?"
Link nods.
"Yes-... When I annihilated the monster in Vah Ruta, the spirit of your daughter, Lady Mipha, approached me..."
The king wides the eyes.
"M-my D-daughter?"
"Yes-... She will always keep an eye on her people... And she asked me to say hi and deliver a message from her..."
The king coughs.
"A message?..." he asks.
"Yes... She told me... It wasn't the humans who killed her..."
"B-BUT..." the king protests and started moving, but flinched from pain of the movements and stayed down on the bed.
"Father..." Sidon mumbles and puts a hand on the king's shoulder.
Link gives the king a short and pitying look while Linkly's heart starts pounding nervously. As he kinda could remember something.
The king's wrath toward humans and hylians.
A short memory pops up in his mind. There the Zora king started attacking the hyrule castle.

Link swallows.
"She told me... It was Zant from the twilight realm who took control of those humans and made them to kill your daughter... Those people were innocent... It was Zant whom killed her"
The king inhales sharply and couldn't believe his ears.
All those years... He has blamed humans and Hylians for Mipha's death. When the real culprit was someone from the twilight realm.
The king looks apologizing at Link.
"Please-... Forgive me..."
Link nods.
"You couldn't know... And I do understand why you would be furious on humans... You lost your child and wanted a scapegoat to blame her death on... But that's in the past... Your daughter's spirit exist with ease in her heart... So, you don't need worry about her either..."
The king sniffles.
"Hearing that gives me some peace... Hopefully Mipha will welcome me with open arms, the day where I join her...Sidon..." the king says and looks at Sidon who jolts a bit.
"Yes father?"
"Forgive me... And learn from my mistakes... Don't rule with hate in your heart" he starts saying and makes Sidon's heart to pound in pain.
"Don't... Don't speak as you are about to leave us... I still need you..." Sidon gulps the sorrow down.
The king starts chuckling which soon turned into coughing instead.
"I'm an old zora... My time is soon here, to let the next generation take over... " the old king tells his son.
Link starts walking away from the bed and looks at Linkly while heading toward the door.
"Let's walk out from the room and leave them alone" Link tells him through the mind.
"O-okay..."

***
Link and Linkly had changed their clothes back.
Linkly sits on the edge of the bed with the legs kicking forward and backward.
Meanwhile is Link packing their things.
Someone knocks on the door.
Linkly looks curiously at the door where Sidon walks through the moment he opened it.
The Zora prince flinches when he sees Link packing.
"A-are you leaving?"
"Yes-..." Link answer and glances at him over the shoulder.
" Our job here is over... And Linkly seems feeling much better now... So, we don't have any reason to stay here... And I assume you will stay, right?" Link adds before he continues to pack their things.
Sidon looks sadly at Linkly and doesn't want to see him leave. What if his beloved husband gets killed since he isn't there?!
Sidon sighs and nods toward Link's back.
"You have right... I have more things to take care about... Either my father will get better and I can return to kakariko village... Or he... Won't... And I need to take over the throne..." Sidon answers and looks pleading at Linkly.
"And I hope with my whole heart you will return one day... Can you promise you will return if you remember me and want to continue where we ended?"
Linkly's heart starts pounding faster as the heart could remember something. And doesn't want to part from him.
He nods.
"P-p-pro-mise..." he forces himself to say.
Sidon's heart pounds happily.
"Thank you Link..."

***
Link carries their belongings while Linkly walks next him.
"Where should we go now?"
Link smiles at him and points forward where they could see a huge bird from a far.
"Don't you think that looks suspicious?"
"Eh?" Linkly looks at the bird and shrugs.
"I don't understand?"
Link grins.
"Well... Don't you think it's weird we can see the bird despite it seems it's far away? He raises an eyebrow.
Linkly looks back at the sky where he could see the bird flying around.
"Yeah-... Now when you are telling me... It looks very suspicious..."
Link nods.
"I bet it's another divine beast... And the next place we must head to..."
Linkly looks confused at the bird. How are they supposed to get inside that one? They can't fly... They aren't birds... Wait... Didn't Link told him long ago, how he entered a place in the sky by shooting himself up there with a cannon?
Maybe they could do the same with this divine beast???