The father

(HER P.O.V)

"Do you really need this shade?I could swear you already packed another one just this ?" Teah waved my subtle plum lip gloss in the air for emphasis. She's not the type to worry too much about the intricate details when it comes to makeup.

I shrugged matter-of-factly,"what would I be without it,T?"

She groaned and tossed it into my makeup box which stood just behind her.

It's not like I insisted on having them tear my closet apart in helping me pack for my weekend away with B.

it was Thursday before Valentine's day and Brandon surprised me with a weekend away.I don't where to but somewhere with a pool or near the sea ,because he mentioned something about bathing suits .

Cairo winked as she tiptoed behind Teah,pulled out the same lip gloss and slid it back to the pile of stuff Teah was working through. This was the fifth time she'd left her shoe pile to come and agitate Teah.

This time she didn't succeed as Teah tackled her to the plush carpet like a pro.

"Don't mess with me,Missy." She struggled with her mercilessly on the ground.

”guys ,come on!there's still so much left to do!"Merayah whines with a huff.

Cairo sat up at this and rolled her eyes ,"oh ,please. You just want to rush through this so that you can scram off to meet your 'boyfriend' "

I couldn't believe that Cairo stilled hadn't yet warmed up to the idea of Merayah having someone in her life other than Cairo .

Teah mock jabbed Cairo ,held her head under her arm and messed up her hair in the same way an older brother would,"come on sis ,Merayah apologised like 10 times already.And besides,her cousin agreed to help "

The pair had plans for a Valentine's special at the city square. I think it's a dance item they were meant to perform, but since this year isn't like any other year Merayah had to cancel to spend the day with Justine (the racer dude from New year's)

Despite the fact that the show would still go on since she and Merayah's cousin had practiced non stop over the phone,Cairo missed that bond they shared prior to new year's.

"Babe,i assure you that you fint have to worry yourself over this guy.you were there when we did that ridiculous interview.He's legit", I say ,doing my best to hold back the laugh from the memories of our interview with the poor guy.

It was a Saturday afternoon and most of our combined crew were hanging out so we all pulled out our clipboards and our 'serious suits' .We made it as formal as possible; Ricky played the role of the meditator slash receptionist who summoned Justin to present himself before us,the panel.

Some of our questions were serious and came from the bottom of our hearts but the other half were downright crazy, ironically so.

For instance, Cairo cleared her throat in an intimidating manner and drew her 'glasses' down to the tip of her nose," Mr...Justin,suppose your ex girlfriend and your current girlfriend, Merayah, were engaged in a physical altercation ,And your ex screams in pain,what do you do? "

The poor fellow went pale.she had him now.this question was our trump card but it never really counted.

She half smirked and turned to Merayah to give her an 'I told you so' glare.