FATE

(HER P.O.V)

The fake smile on my face immediately turns into a scowl at his inconsideration. Yeah sure we're not besties and definitely cannot stand the sight of each other,but I'm only trying .

With Ben ,the moment he sees me in the royal blue ,knee length Cocktail dress..he would've been all over me.He would've literally showered me with kisses and compliments.

Except, lately ,the thought of Ben has been sending chills up my spine. The stuff Brandon told me mostly makes sense.at times when I was with Ben there would be times when I'd feel like he's keeping stuff from me but I brushed it off as paranoia.

"You're all I have here and I'm all you have here,too,so please, don't wander off on your own .Some people here are abit ..intolerant and cowardice ", his hands ball up in fists at the last part .

His sudden softening causes me to take in his appearance.he doesn't look too bad,in fact ,quite the opposite actually. He's got a denim button down folded up roughly with black jeans and a nutmeg  boot to top it off.

There's so much Ben in his look but the surprising part is that there's a lot of Brandon there ,too.the first two buttons of his shirt are cracked open leaving his smooth barechest slightly on display. At some point I'm certain I see ink but brush it off to check out the other Brandon features.

His hair is not at all geled up ,instead it's ruffled up messily atop his head.the most distinction I notice almost immediately is his Cologne; nothing Herby or spicy but rather minty and fresh..

Real badass vibe.

" but don't worry,as long as you stay close I'll be able to protect you ",he assures me with a sympathetic tight lipped smile.

Enough with the moping, Laylah,I try to tell myself as we leave the room.

Today hadn't been as bad as I'd expected it to be.when I woke up Brandon wasnt there and I silently said a " thank you" prayer for that.since last night's weird encounter I figured having him around me would just hinder me from processing everything that was happening.

I woke up feeling different abit ..alive.I even had a small smile on my face when I stood in front of the mirror, ironically so.there were slight pink marks and dark patches here and there from not using my skin  lotion for such a long time.

I even tidied up the room a little and moved some stuff around to pass time.Melanie heard me hum a tune from my childhood and came in to tell me a little more about the family, the area and some girl stuff (blatantly forcing me to tell her all about my relationship with 'Ben')while she fed her baby.

I even got to know more about her baby's dad and Mace's baby mama.I honestly enjoyed having someone so chilled keep me company without giving me displeased glares and passing me offensive remarks.

Back in Palm view I could always count on my girlfriends and Ben ,his family and my family. It was good to know that I had a friend in whom I could confide in, here.

I'm not sure how but our conversation soon headed in Melanie's falling pregnant before she could finish school.

"I was so naïve. I didn't think much of it at that point because all I wanted was to please him.he was too drunk to even care", she bit her lip hard,trying to hold back the tears while burping the cute little boy.