Elijah let out a growl. "Rebekah is off-limits to you. You pursue her, and you will suffer."

The other brothers looked at Elijah, clearly not having expected such attitude from him. Beatrix quickly put her hand over his, keeping him from raising his knife. "Don't let them goad you," she said quickly, thinking something off the top of her head. "Rebekah doesn't want to be found, because she's in a place that makes her happy. Esther won't find her." She noticed Klaus giving her a curious look, but she did not give indication that she was making anything up. "Your brothers know better than to try and ruin their sister's happiness."

"Esther is quite determined," said Finn sharply. "She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time."

Elijah then swept free of Beatrix's grasp and grabbed Finn by the collar, slamming him onto the table before diving his fangs into his neck.

"ELIJAH!" Beatrix snapped as Klaus yanked him off. She ran to Finn and pressed a napkin on his wound, yanking him back into his seat.

"I enjoy a good bloodletting as much as anyone, but our brothers have power, as well as knowledge of Esther's plans," Klaus said sternly to his older brother. Elijah simply wiped the blood off his face.

"We need them alive," Klaus insisted.

Kol and Finn were occupied making sure the latter wasn't bleeding out, but when Beatrix heard the others' voices drop to a whisper, she couldn't help but listen in.

"Imagine what they would do to Rebekah," Elijah was saying. "To Hope."

Who the hell was Hope?

"Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic," Klaus said. "Focus on the task at hand. We need to persuade our brothers."

"I'm through with persuasion," said Elijah, beginning to leave. But Klaus grasped him roughly by the shoulder, staring at Elijah with concern. "Has the earth shifted on its axis?" the hybrid inquired. "You needing restraint from me?"

Elijah did not answer, as his phone began to ring. Klaus looked back at Beatrix and cast her a sharp look when he realized she was watching. But rather than push her away, he stopped, listening to Elijah's call. "Tell her to head west," Klaus said quickly. "I'll call Hayley." He then turned to Beatrix and beckoned her forward.

"Go," Elijah told Klaus. "I'll take care of Kol and Finn."

Klaus looked annoyed as Beatrix walked up. "Splendid. And, in your hands, I assume they'll be dead by nightfall."

Elijah gritted his teeth. "I will show restraint. Hope needs her father."

"What she needs— what we need— are allies to help us defeat our mother. Finn and Kol must be turned to our side. Without their help, there will be nowhere left for Hope to run.

"Niklaus, your child—"

"I have waited months to see my daughter." He then stopped and gulped. "I can wait one more day. Elijah. Do whatever it takes to keep her safe."

"I give you my word," said the other, heading outside. Klaus then grasped a very confused Beatrix's shoulder.

"Elijah will tell you everything," he mumbled. "I want you to go with him. I am not blind. He is unwell."

"Your baby is alive," she whispered.

"Yes," said Klaus. "And there is no one I trust more than you, to look after Elijah and go and retrieve Rebekah and my daughter. Please... keep them safe."

Beatrix offered him a smile. "I will. Promise." She then sped out to meet Elijah at his car.

The Original looked up at her, confused. "Itza, what are you—?"