Final Author's Note

That concludes Nothing Dark Can Stay, Either.

I made the edit above and included Beatrix because I thought it looked cool. Big shoutout to Cenit Nadir for being Beatrix's faceclaim (even though she has no idea that she is, lol).

I knew since the beginning that I wanted Beatrix to die. It just felt like the right thing to do, as I created her character right after I bawled my eyes out to the ending of The Originals. I wrote the last bit of the ending and purposely never revealed what Beatrix's poem was until this moment. I hope that you liked it (obviously, Robert Frost actually wrote that, but let's not get into the technicalities).

It is implied (I guarantee this as canon for this particular story because I said so) that:

Elijah and Beatrix found each other again when they were at peace.Beatrix got to see her mom and her sister again.They got to see Hayley, Jackson, Aiden, Josh, and Cami again.Klaus became the father that Hope needed him to be.Klaus and Caroline ended up together.Rebekah and Marcel ended up together.Freya, Keelin, and Vincent started a family.

At the beginning, I had no idea what I would do. A lot of this was completely improvised. But I'm glad I got to write some Kaitrix, Niktrix, and Belijah content.

Thank you so much for all your support in this first The Vampire Diaries/The Originals fanfic of mine. Truly, it broke me to write the ending and I still haven't stopped crying. I'm proud of myself, and I'm so glad to have been able to write this and I hope that you all liked it.

Mischief Managed,

Sprinting Fox