Nineteen

Jimin slapped his hand onto the table, grabbing Jin's attention, who was nodding away. "Jin, wake up!" he yells. They were doing an online session together for school, but Jin kept falling asleep.

Jin sat up and rubbed his eyes, "I am sorry. I had a rough night last night."

"Sunghee was up late?"

Jin nods his head, "y-yeah, she umm, she stays up at night sometimes."

"Oh, you poor thing, please tell me Jungkook helped with her."

"H-he did; he is usually on night duty."

"You are a little jumpy today; sure everything is okay?"

Jin stared at his friend and nod his head once more, "yeah, I am fine. Just tired, that's all. I can't wait to be done with school and get the summer break. By the way, I have decided to start nursing school in the fall. We are going to put Sunghee in a daycare. Jungkook finished his Bootcamp thing and got an offer at this tech company as a Developer; it's paying him surprisingly well. He is also going to do some classes in the evenings and then some online."

Jimin looked at Jin, surprised, "really? Wow, that's good. Are you going to work still in that place?"

"No, we decided I am just going to do school for now. If I work, then no one to watch Sunghee after hours. I will probably find something on the weekends, though. However, I think nursing school and being a full-time parent will be more than enough for me. Our parents have offered to watch her on the weekends if we ever need it, though, so that's something we can rely on them for, although Jungkook doesn't want to. I don't mind them doing it."

"Wow, this is all good news. I am happy you are both making this work. I was worried, especially after I saw that stupid video yesterday. I thought Jungkook was doing whatever he wanted, leaving you at home with all the burden by yourself, but I guess he is helping out, which is good. Sunghee is his daughter too. Did you get into the same nursing program as me? Please tell me it's so?" Jimin looked at Jin hopefully.

"W-what video?" was all Jin asked; he couldn't focus on anything else that Jimin had said besides that.

Jimin grabbed his phone and went to his social media account; finding the video, he shows it to Jin, "this video, it's been going viral around our school, but no surprise, it's Jungkook."

Jin watched the video as he watched two guys make out in front of a pool while a crowd cheers them on. He immediately recognized Jungkook; however, the other guy, he didn't have a clue who he was.

He gets up from his seat, "I-I need to go check on Sunghee."

Jimin noticed the change in Jin's expression, so he got up too, "Jin, are you okay?"

Jin turned and smiled at him, "Yeah, I am fine."

"You are not upset about the video, are you?"

"Gosh no, Jimin, that's Jungkook being Jungkook; why on earth would I be upset."

"Oh. Well, anyway, this video was taken over a month ago but somehow got uploaded this week. That's why I called you last night, but then we got sidetracked with our conversation."

"A month ago?" Jin asked for clarity.

Jimin nods his head, "yeah, it was taken at Taehyung's party. Some daring, that's what all the comments said, and you know Jungkook loves a good dare."

"I see, well it's whatever, I don't really care."

"You don't? Because it seems like you do, Jin. You have been my best friend for ages, and you seem like you were about to cry just now."

Jin chuckles and waves his hand at Jimin, "don't talk nonsense. Why would I cry because of that."

"I don't know, maybe because the guy you like, the father of your daughter, is out there kissing someone else."

"Don't be ridiculous. I don't like Jungkook!" Jin said in a defensive tone.

Jimin rolls his eyes, "yeah, I believed that when we were ten and twelve, I even believe it when we were fourteen, but not anymore! My best friend, who I have known my entire life, does not go away and suddenly sleeps with my cousin for no reason at all to the point he gets pregnant. You are not that kind of a person to just sleep with anyone, and Jungkook of all people, who we have constantly blasted. I know a lot Jin, I pretend not to, because I always wait for you to tell me, but I know what happened with those photos, I know what happened on your birthday, I know it all. It's okay if you like Jungkook; he is an asshole, but we all have our pick, and if he is your pick, then fine, but don't deny it, at least not to me, come on we are together forever, friends till the end, did you forget that?"

Jin stared at his best friend; how could he lie to him when he spoke like that. "I like him, but what does it matter? He will always be Jungkook doing whatever he wants."

"Have you told him this?"

"He knows!" Jin lets out as tears start forming in his eyes.

"What do you mean he knows, so what's the problem? Does he not like you back? Cause I am almost sure he does."

"It's nothing, just forget it. It's not worth talking about. Anyway, can we go out next weekend? Jaehyun texted me about a party, and I think we should go. I want to go; being at home all the time is getting to me."

"Sure, we can go, but I didn't know you still talk to Jaehyun."

"He reached out last week."

"Does he know you have a daughter?"

"Who doesn't? Of course, he knows, and we are not like that, so he doesn't care. He was shocked, however, that I had gotten pregnant for Jungkook, but that's nothing new."

"Oh right, I swear Jungkook posts a pic of her every day. You guys should let her be a baby model; she is so gorgeous." Jimin gushes about Jin's daughter making him smile.

"She is adorable, isn't she? Speaking of modeling, someone did reach out to Jungkook about her photos, but I don't know. I need to talk to my brother about it; he probably understands these things more than I do."

"Please do. I can see her on the cover of a baby magazine."

*******

"How was your day?" Jin asked to Jungkook as he walks out of their bathroom and goes to pick Sunghee up.

Jungkook looks at him with a playful smile. "Wow, he is talking to me and not ignoring me. I can get used to this, you talking to me after a night of fantastic sex.

As for my day, it was great and tiring. I signed some new hire paperwork at the company, and the good news is it's one hundred percent remote. I can work from home. Yoongi is on the same team as me. Taehyung said he might do the Bootcamp and see if he can get an offer there too; it's an excellent company, benefits are great. I will show you the packet they gave me later. How was your day?"

Jin chose to ignore Jungkook's first comment, "that's good, happy everything is working out. As for my day, not much changed; Jimin was here, though, which helped with my mood a lot. Sunghee was surprisingly quiet most of the day. She slept a lot, so I know tonight she will be up. Thankfully it's Friday, so I don't have to worry about waking up early tomorrow."

"You should make Jimin come by more often; your mood indeed brightens up. It's good seeing you like this. I was thinking if you are up to it, there is this restaurant close by we could take Sunghee and go to dinner instead of cooking tonight or ordering in, but it's up to you, if you don't want to go out it's okay. We can just order in. I am fine with anything."

"Getting out of the house would mean a lot to me, so yes, I am down for dinner at whatever restaurant this is. As long as it's not somewhere, you take your little friends."

Jungkook laughs and shakes his head, "I have never even been to the restaurant, much less take anyone there. This will be a first."

"A first? Wow, I never knew I would hear you say that."

"Seokjin-"

"Fine, fine, I will go get ready."