Forty-Four

"You came home." Jin took his time to sit next to Jungkook after getting the kids to sleep, except for Sunghee, who was in Jungkook's arms playing with his fingers. The entire time while they were feeding the others, he couldn't take his eyes off Jungkook; he was still in shock seeing him in their living room. It had been a while since they had been in the same room together as a family.

Jungkook glimpsed at Jin and stood up, with Sunghee in his arms, walking over to where the kids lay in their rockers. "I am going to get Sunghee something to eat and then put them in their bed."

"Oh, okay, do you want us to talk after?"

"What is there for us to talk about? Is there something you have to say that I haven't heard? I am home and here because you and our kids mean more to me than ending our marriage. However, I want you to know one thing, Sunghee will not be a part of his life!" Jungkook shouted, waking up the babies and frightening Sunghee, who clung to him.

Jin looked at the kids and then back at Jungkook, "go take care of Sunghee; I will get them back to bed, but after we need to talk. I-I am happy you are back home, but with her, it's not-" Jin stopped himself before he said anything further, knowing that what he was about to say would be taken the wrong way and not how he intended for it to be.

He turned his attention away from Jungkook and walked towards the other kids needing his concentration as his heart raced with fear and worry of what Jungkook would say to him once he decided to tell him he wanted Sunghee's dad to be part of her life.

Mrs. Jeon was right; he couldn't keep Jaehyun away from Sunghee. If he was going to try and right his wrongs, he needed to right all of them. He couldn't only do right by Jungkook; he had to also do right by his daughter, the one whose life would be the most impacted in the future if not given a chance to know who her other real dad is.

*******

Jin sat in the chair across from where Jungkook was sitting drinking a bottle of Soju on the back patio. "Can we talk now? I know you say there is nothing to talk about, but for me, there is a lot we need to talk about. I want our kids and us together as much as you do, if not more, but for that to happen and for us to get through this, we need to talk-"

"You speak as if you are the one who all of this has hurt. You don't get it do you, Seokjin; you don't realize the wounds you caused in my life because of your selfish behavior. You fucking tore me apart when you thought I had gotten someone else pregnant. Meanwhile, you knew, you knew I-I wasn't her father! H-how could you?

Let me make something clear to you Seokjin, I may want to work this out between us, but I won't pretend I am okay with what you did. I am hurt, and no words of comfort you can say to take away from that hurt you have caused me. I was destroyed when I thought I had gotten someone else pregnant, yet you knew the daughter I came home to every night, the daughter I changed my entire life for, was not mine. Seriously, how could you do that to me and still sleep next to me? You want to talk Seokjin, then let's talk, but be ready to answer my questions."

Jin wiped away his tears that he couldn't hold back as Jungkook spoke; his legs were trembling as he tried to find words to reply, "I was selfish, selfish with wanting you and wanting us. I was also childish, and I didn't realize it then, but I know now after we slept together, I was so focused on my anger towards you that I went ahead and did something I shouldn't have, b-but I can't regret what I did because it brought me here. Without her, w-we wouldn't be where we are now, and there wouldn't be four other little beings that depend on us. I regret lying to you and not coming clean to you when I found out the truth, but I was scared. I was devastated that I selfishly focused on my pain and what I was going through rather than considering you or her.