chapter forty five

(tw//coming out)

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"So, are you guys official?"

Haknyeon looked over to the girl, who had her head resting in her hand as she looked off into the distance in a daydream. "Earth to Heiji."

"Sorry," she smiles, picking up her coffee and taking a sip. "We aren't. I don't know what we are, but we're good."

The boy could see how content she was, how she looked so lovesick that she was zoning out at random moments, most likely dreaming of him whilst she was awake. It made him happy that he could finally see her this way.

They had been in her room for not too long, Heiji invited him over as she felt she hadn't seen him in a long time, and she missed him too much for it.

"He hasn't asked you yet?" Haknyeon asks.

"Not yet," the girl smiles again. "He said to his father that I was his girlfriend, that means something. I'm not crazy about the labels, if I'm with him then it's good. I know what we are and so does he."

"Ewww," the boy scrunches up his face yet smiles simultaneously. "People in love, it's disgusting."

"You'll know when it happens to you," the girl laughs, however the boys faced dropped at her words. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No," he shakes his head, looking away. "You didn't."

Heiji noticed how the boy awkwardly shuffled in his seat, his eyes looked away in the corner of the room - and that's how she knew something was wrong. Haknyeon was never one to avoid eye contact.

"Hey," Heiji says gently, walking over to crouch down before him. "Won't you tell me what's wrong?"

"I don't think I'll ever love anyone," he chokes out, however a breath of relief washed over him as he spoke those words. "Romantically, I mean."

"Why not?" The girl puts a hand on his knee to comfort him.

"I just don't think...." the boy takes another deep breath, looking at the girl. "I don't think I feel attracted to anyone, I never have."

"Okay," the girl nods understandably. "Don't get upset, Haknyeon, please."

"I've tried to ignore it for some time now," the boy shakes his head. "But I guess that's how things are for me, and I'm okay with it."

"As you should be," Heiji smiles up at him, watching as he takes yet another deep inhale of relief. "I love you Hak."

"I love you more."

"Is it my turn to say 'ewww'?" Heiji jokes.

"No, not now," the boy warns sternly before laughing again. "You're the first person I've told."