chapter thirty one

Third Person POV

"What?"

"I love you."

Heiji didn't know what to say. The heart beat she felt thumping through her chest told her what she already knew - she loved him too. She always did, but he didn't deserve to know that, so instead she stayed quiet. 

They stayed like that for a while, the boy looked desperately into her eyes. It wasn't that he wanted her to say it back, he didn't need her to. He just needed her to know, and now she did.

"Where did you go?" Heiji asks quietly, looking between his eyes. The moment the boy saw her lips move his heart had began to race all over again, to be let down by her question.

Sunwoo coughs, looking elsewhere, "I stayed with family for a while."

"Okay," Heiji nods slowly, the silence was overwhelming for Sunwoo and the fact she spoke so softly and quietly between every moment of silence was killing him inside. "Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'?" The boy almost becomes frustrated, didn't she know why?

"Why didn't you just stay away from me?" The two were now closer than they previously were, Heiji having closed the gap that was between them. She just wanted to look into his eyes and know if she would see the truth.

"Well, I did stay away from you," Sunwoo points out. "I just moved to another city."

"Weren't your family worried?" Heiji asks, Sunwoo's face dropping in the process. Not that he hadn't looked miserable from the moment he seen her, but the mention of his family almost made him feel sick to the stomach.

He not only felt the overwhelming guilt for leaving Heiji, but he left his mother and sister with that monster for months. 

"What does that matter?" The boy speaks abruptly, and Heiji is physically taken aback. 

"They're your family, of course it matters," the girl sighs. "You worried more people than just me."

"I don't care about that," Sunwoo declares, before taking the girls hand in his. "I only care about you, how you feel, you were all I ever thought about, every minute of every day. Everything I done, I thought of doing it with you beside me, everything reminded me of you."

Heiji looks down at his hand, clasping desperately on to hers whilst tears gathered in her eyes. Even the slightest touch from him made her hand feel numb, but warm. "That isn't true."

"How would you know?" He crouches down, looking between her teary eyes. "You didn't think of me too?"

"Stop," Heiji chokes on her words, the lump in her throat had finally gotten the better of her as she began to cry again. Sunwoo reached his hand up to her face to wipe the tears, and the girls head slowly melts into the touch of his hand. "Please go, Sunwoo."

"You don't want me to, and leaving again is the last thing I want to do," he looks at Heiji although her eyes remained forced shut as tears spilled down her face - he caught every single one in his hand. "I don't want to hurt you ever again."

"You done it so easily," the girl breathes out, barely above a whisper. "You could do it again."

"But I won't," Sunwoo pleads, his other hand reaching to hold her face in his hands. She was still so beautiful even when she cried. "I promise you."

They stayed like that for a while, Heiji sobbing into his palms with her eyes sealed close, her face scrunching from time to time as though she was in pain - and she was. Sunwoo watched her as his heart broke even more, he did this to her, and she would never trust him again. 

comes in waves ↠ kim sunwooजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें