chapter forty four

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Heiji looks at the boy hesitantly as his eyes still locked with his fathers, before realising she would have to turn around and face him sooner or later.

"Hello," the man says politely, yet rather sternly. "Who is this young lady, Sunwoo?"

Sunwoo was surprised by his own fathers manners, he remembered the days where he would ignore Jiwoo at any cost when she was at the house. He felt happy that he was at least trying to change, or he could see from one glance that the girl was different.

"Father, this is Heiji," Sunwoo speaks slowly, watching as Heiji reached out her hand to him, which he accepted.

"You better let the girl inside, she looks cold," his father said, his eyes travelling down to her bare legs, "and her hands are cold."

Heiji felt a little insecure by the mans glance and she felt Sunwoo tighten up from beside her. He took back his previous thoughts, the man seemed like he was back to his usual ways.

It wasn't that he seemed overtly rude or obnoxious, which Sunwoo knew he was, but to Heiji - the man was as cold as the wind tonight. And that made her nervous.

His mother was lovely, his sister was just as lovely, why couldn't his father be lovely?

"Would you like to come in?" Sunwoo asks the girl softly as his father squeezes by the two, notably without saying 'excuse me'.

"Uh, sure," Heiji looks unsure until she looks into the boys eyes. "If you'd like?"

"I'd love that," he throws her a small smile as they hear his father speak inside the house. "I'm sorry about him."

Sunwoo felt guilty for the actions of his father, he felt as though he was responsible for never telling Heiji about the way he was, or not allowing her to meet him sooner.

The two walk inside, Heiji trailing awkwardly behind the boy after she took her shoes off at the door.

Upon reaching the living room door, Heiji seen how his father sat on the opposite couch from his mother, and her heart felt a little heavy in her chest. She could feel that hardly any love was felt in this house, and maybe that's why Sunwoo loved so hard.

She reaches for the boys hands as he intertwines their fingers tightly, throwing her a smile over his shoulder.

"So, is this your new girlfriend?" His father asks suddenly, looking up from the television to study the girl in a better light.

"Yes," Sunwoo nods, and Heiji's heart fluttered. "It sure is."

Sure, they weren't official yet, but it would be far too difficult for the boy to explain to his parents. He did plan for her to be his girlfriend officially, finally - at some point soon.