BCH. 2 - Zekaj, Before the Summon

Start from the beginning

The dim light from our horns was the only thing lighting up the room and as I walked closer as if stalking my prey I could make out more features of her I completely forgot about.

She had dark gray hair, not very close to black. Her skin was lighter gray than Zekai, whose gray was closer to my darker gray. I had noticed she didn't have her eyes glowing the whole time like most Void Demons kept them.

I could see the whites of her eyes, the silver pupils, and the black irises. Her horns glowed the same silver as most common Void demons did. Only royals like me had the pale golden glow.

The full-color glowing eyes and the ends of our horns glowing was to make it easier to spot our allies in the outskirts of the edge of the void. A barren wasteland of sharp obsidian spikes where even the brightest of lights could be extinguished.

A void demon could control the glow. The second they turned off their lights in the dark, you were toast. It would be like trying to find a shadow in a dark room, at night, underground. That doesn't make sense, whatever.

Her hands got lower and lower, about to reach Not-So-Mini-Zekaj when the biggest mood killer of them all happened. A mood killer bigger than Zekai or worse, my mom.

A group was trying to summon me. Now of all times, someone was trying to fucking summon me.

A group trying to summon you was incredibly irritating if you aren't interested in being summoned at that moment. It's like an itch you can't scratch, or a parent nagging at you that no matter how hard you try to ignore them, you can still hear their voice.

If you didn't want to answer it, you had to wait for them to stop. Which could take longer if they were stubborn.

All demons had a unique mark on them that appeared when you turned 18, along with your demonic-power markings. It, when given to the right demon, can be spread around on earth and willing covens can summon you to complete a task.

I had given my mark to a demon to spread around on earth hundreds of years ago and have been summoned constantly since. Doing mage's dirty work was fine by me because I got the better end of the deal.

Demons had the power of making contracts, soul-binding contracts that when complete would strengthen a demon immensely. The harder the task, the stronger it made the demon.

And trust me, I'm hella fucking strong.

Most tasks were killing, assisting in spells, or scholars who wanted more information on demons. Combat, magic, and killing were my specialties. I was constantly being summoned to do mage's dirty work.

"Stop," I said in anger. She pulled back in shock, worried.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

"No," I groaned. "Someone's summoning me."

I got off of her and calmed down. It'd be a lot easier to answer the summon, say no as quickly as possible, and leave. You could say no to a contract, but I barely did.

"I'll see you in a second," I gave her a sly smile as my body was covered in shadows and I was pulled into the summon circle of the mages.

"Zekaj, lord of void demon's" was only part of the speech I heard as I was pulled closer and closer.

The sheer power of myself extinguished the candles in the room except for one. That suddenly went out as I used my powers to make a scene.

What? I enjoyed putting on a show.

"Who dares summon me?" I said in a menacingly deep voice. I could feel the fear coming off the members.

I watched them look around the room for me.