Ch. 53 - Spill

Hunter's dad pulled into the driveway and parked the car.

The two had just gotten home from a surprise trip to the doctors. Hunter insisted he was fine when he realized his father had driven away from his school. It came to no avail and Hunter was inspected by a doctor.

Like he had assumed, it was a cold. A pretty bad one at that. Hunter was given all sorts of medicine to combat the cold but he'd have been fine without them. He just needed to get back to Zekaj and he'd be fine.

Just how exactly he was going to do that was the problem.

It seemed Merlin had left out many of the instructions to these spells. Specifically, the one he wanted the most.

And he still wasn't answering Hunter's calls.

Hunter had called him multiple times after he turned himself invisible. It had taken him an hour to become visible again and that's because the spell had worn off. There was a rune that could make him visible again but he couldn't get it to float in the air like the other one.

That all was a couple days ago, and he was no closer to figuring out anything about the book than he was the day he opened it.

Hunter went to open the door but found it was still locked. Turning towards his dad, Hunter could tell his father wanted to say something.

"Are you ok?" Jaxon simply said.

Hunter stared at him before speaking. "Yes."

"Hunter."

"What?" Hunter snapped. "I said I'm fine."

"But I can tell you aren't. And I know I'm not the best at..." Jaxon pinched the bridge of his nose.

"When did you summon that demon?" Jaxon asked.

Hunter stared at him dumbfounded. Hunter did not like Jaxon calling Zekaj that demon.

"I told you I don't-" Hunter was cut off.

"Hunter, I know that's a lie. How long has the demon been with you." Jaxon asked again.

"He has a name and it's Zekaj."

"Fine." Jaxon's anger was rising. "How long has Zekaj been here?" Jaxon snided.

Hunter's nostrils flared as his anger reached its breaking point. As if months of build-up had finally erupted.

"I summoned him two fucking years ago alright?" Hunter screamed, gripping the door handle, his hand burning bright red.

"I summoned Zekaj. ALONE." Hunter yelled. The door handle bent, giving into Hunter's force.

Pulling the lock up on the door, Hunter pushed the door open with force. The car shuddered as the mage slammed the door shut.

Hunter didn't care to close the door to the house as he heard his dad's footsteps following. He hoped his dad would take the hint and leave him alone, but he seemed out of luck as the door to his room failed to close.

"Hunter you know Zekaj isn't able to be summoned alone."

"Well, I did it alright?" Hunter snapped. "I summoned him and he lived here for two years right under your nose and you never suspected a thing. Then Ben and Hannah made up the lie and you sent him back to Hell. He never did anything wrong!" Hunter waved his hands as he spoke, the anger flowing off him.

"Sure whatever we had the incident at the school with AJ and Max but that was an accident! They aren't even mad about it anymore!" Hunter rambled.

Hunter wiped his face as the tears began to form and the anger subsided. Sadness taking its place.