Ch. 19 - Morning After

[Mature]

!DISCLAIMER THIS STORY CONTAINS NO SMUT. FOR MORE INFO CHECK CH. 32!

Zekaj didn't sleep at all.

Zekaj sat there all night holding his soulmate in his lap as he slept, examining every bit of the marks on his skin. The golden marks that no human should have.

Golden Marks were only ever on demons, not humans, demons. Humans always had the black marks on them with human runes. So why did Hunter have gold markings as well as demon runes? Not to mention the fact that he had all the major human and demon runes and then some.

Deep down, Zekaj was scared this was somehow his fault. What if being inside Hunter's body for 2 years was causing something within him. Was he accidentally turning Hunter's body into a vessel for himself?

Zekaj shook his head as the thoughts invaded his mind. He wasn't turning Hunter into a vessel for himself. This wasn't a scary movie where the demon takes over a human and uses them as a vessel. Zekaj didn't even want to take over Hunter's body cause that would mean Hunter's soul would be lost.

It wasn't even possible for both a human and a demon to share a body like that. So there was no way in Hell Zekaj was going to turn Hunter into a vessel.

Zekaj just wanted Hunter to wake up soon. He had an hour till his alarm went off and they'd have to go to school.

Gods the idea of Hunter walking around with these marks were not good. Hunter wasn't normal. Zekaj knew that once his parents saw those marks they'd take him to be studied or flat out remove them. 

Removing a mage's marks was possible but it was extremely dangerous and left the user with no magic. It was extremely inhumane and always left the mage with trauma. Zekaj would know as he's watched it happen before himself.

He wouldn't let that happen to Hunter though. He wouldn't hesitate to end anyone who tried to hurt his soulmate.

God his soulmate. Zekaj still couldn't believe that Hunter was his. Hunter was his soulmate. Just thinking that made Zekaj smile bright at his soulmate who was still out cold in his arms.

Zekaj wasn't going to lie. Having a mate that was as powerful as Hunter turned him on a lot. Demon's always wanted a strong mate that they could show off to others. And with Hunter's marks, he was very powerful.

Zekaj tried his hardest to fight the excitement in his pants.

But why does he have all of these marks? Why did he have identical marks to him?

He had so many questions and not a single answer. All he had was his powerful soulmate unconscious in his arms and a continuously growing ere-

Hunter started stirring and Zekaj's eyes darted to him. He watched as Hunter's head started to move around and his hand gripped Zekaj's arm. 

Hunter's brown eyes met Zekaj as they both stared deep into each other. Simultaneously a smile formed on both their lips.

"Good morning baby." Zekaj whispered, his worries completely vanished as Hunter groggily whispered back.

"Good morning." His voice was still hoarse from waking up. 

Zekaj watched as Hunter started rubbing his arms. His body tensed, waiting for the reaction from Hunter. Hunter just sat staring into his eyes before sitting up on his lap 0and abruptly stopping. 

Worry flooded through Zekaj's system. He watched Hunter's face turn a bright shade of red, he was blushing but about wh- Oh. Hunter's butt was right on top of his cock. If Zekaj was in his human form he would've been blushing as well.