Her footsteps were left behind in the blinding snow as she approached the graves, but there was one little problem. There were no graves. Cassandra stopped and hummed. "I'm certain they were right here. I might as well take a look around, just in case." She told herself, but it seemed absurd not to remember such thing. Cassandra tried to mentally prepare herself because she doesn't know what to expect anymore. Everything seems so wrong and unreal. What if her whole life has been a lie? Then why can't she remember anything about her mother still being alive? After an audible gulp and a deep sigh, she began to move.

Cassandra walked around the pine, looking for any sign of her lost relatives. With each step she took, her heart and beliefs shattered into countless pieces as if they were made of the most fragile material. She felt more and more devastated, and a newfound pain took over her emotions as she couldn't find a single thing in sight. Her heart ached so badly that she became physically hurt. She refused to believe it. She must be searching at the wrong tree. But even when she visited another and then another, the graves were nowhere to be found. 

Tears began to form in her eyes, leaving a salty, wet path as they rolled down Cassandra's cheeks. She wanted to scream and burn down the whole forest in her unbearable pain. Her legs went weak, and she collapsed onto the ground, her knees buried in the freezing snow. Her fingers grasped the blanket of snowflakes, knuckles turning white as she let out a loud sob, tears flowing like a river on a rainy day. "Mom, where are you?" She whispered painfully. 

"Cassandra?" Then a voice called out for her, a voice she could recognize anywhere. "What are you doing out here, darling? We are all-" Then the owner of the voice stopped beside her as soon as Cass's gaze turned to her direction. "Ohh." The person's face turned miserable as soon as she realized Cassandra was crying. Her black hair got caught in the cold Ovrilonian air, and Cassandra spotted a few grey ones amongst them. She had a few wrinkles on her face, but she still seemed far from old. Her body is thin, but she's a woman who is much stronger than she looks and hides the power of flames in her hands. Even her presence demands respect as she's an extraordinary ruler, but an even greater mother. "What happened? Why are you crying, my dear?"

The young woman failed to create any coherent words or thought by the sight of her mother standing in front of her well and more than alive. She looks different than how Cassandra remembers her, so Zara must be older, which makes sense since Cassandra herself is an adult now. Cass just stared at her, gazing at her long-lost mother from the ground. "Mom, is t-that really you?" Cassandra asked, not even realizing the words that left her mouth. All she wished is to be with her mother again and forget the pain of losing her. 

Queen Zara smiled weakly and kindly at her daughter as if she could sense that something was wrong. "Of course, Cassandra. But what happened to you?" 

However, Cassandra had no intention to answer. Her mother is alive, and nothing else in the world matters. She can finally embrace the person who was taken from her a long time ago, and she's not going to miss this chance. Even if a disaster came, she wouldn't care because her mother is here now. So she stood up and wrapped her arms around her mother, pulling her close against her body. It surprised the queen, but Cassandra knew Zara wasn't complaining. "I've missed you so much," Cass whispered, her soothing voice easing the Queen's worries, who then hugged her back.

They stayed like that for a while, Zara allowing her daughter to enjoy every single moment of their reunion. Of course, Zara had no idea what might have happened, and she wants to know what made her daughter cry. She gently pulled away, their gazes locked as they smiled at each other. Cassandra was still crying, but not because she was sad. "What happened to you? Who made you cry?" 

"It was you." The young girl sobbed. "Please, don't ever leave me again." She begged her mother, afraid of losing her again. Cassandra wouldn't be able to bear it, and even the thought is making her joy turn into sorrow.