14. Yule Ball

Yes finally the moment you've all been waiting for I hope you enjoy it and it's a extra long chapter so grab your snacks and drinks and lay down and relax and read:)

I was standing in front of the mirror in my dorm, Cedric already left because he needed to be there on time. He would wait for me in the Great Hall where the ball would be. The whole castle is already decorated in a Christmas theme, something the wizards are really good at because it literally looked like a fairy tale in here. Me and my friends also decorated our dorms in a Christmas theme just to get into the Christmas spirit. I've heard the Room Of Requirement is also decorated and that's something I'm curious about. I've heard they decorate that room for students who stay here at Hogwarts during Christmas.

Neville came out of the bathroom in his tuxedo ''So you and Cedric huh?'' I shrugged ''We're just going as friends''. He walked up to his bed to sit on his ''Did he tell you that?'' he asked as he raised his brow. I shook my head ''I've seen the way he looks at you and I don't know if he's straight or not but straight guys only look at girls with the look he gives you everyday'' my heart flutters at those words. I wish Cedric would see me as something more than just a friend but unfortunately he doesn't. I guess he just asked me because he pities me because there is no way he would choose me over a cute and hot girl he could bang after the party.

''So with who are you going to the ball?'' I asked. Neville was quite quiet and even though he's a very good friend of mine he doesn't say a lot. ''Ginny Weasley'' I don't know Ginny very well but I've heard she is very friendly but at the same time bossy and annoying. Ginny and Neville would make a cute couple though. ''You know she talks a lot about you'' he suddenly says shaking me out of my thoughts ''How so?''.

''Well I guess she has a little crush on you but I'm not sure'' I scratched the back of my head ''You know I don't know Ginny very well but I have no interest in her'' it looks like Neville sighed in relief because of what I said. I guess Neville has a crush on her and I would say 'Just go for it''.

After a while of chatting in our dorm we headed out to the Great Hall, in the hallway I saw Hermione sitting on the stairs and it looks like she's crying. ''Mione are you okay?'' I ask taking a seat next to her. She shook her head ''He didn't even ask me and I really thought he was gonna do that'' I really thought Ron was gonna ask 'Mione to the dance but unfortunately he has no balls to ask her. Instead the poor beautiful girl is crying on the stairs and Ron is nowhere to be seen.

''Hey Neville are you rea-'' Ginny came from around the corner obviously seeing Neville standing in the hallway but didn't notice me and Hermione sitting on the stairs. ''Oh I'm sorry I didn't know-'' I cut her off ''It's okay Ginny'. She blushed and stood next to Neville grabbing his hand which made the said boy blush. Then somebody else entered the hallway, it was Victor Krum looking all neat in his what looked more like a mariners uniform than a tuxedo. He looked at Neville and Ginny and then at me and Hermione and yes we were still sitting on the stairs Hermione sobbing into my shoulder until she looked up at Victor ''And why is this beautiful young lady crying on this wonderful evening?'' Hermione blushed in an instant.

''I-I have no date to the ball'' she whispers but loud enough for Victor to hear ''Well I have no date either so will you go to the dance with me?'' a small smile appeared on her lips and she nodded letting Victor take her hand and helped her standing back on her feet and walking down the stairs and standing in front of the big double doors that led to the Great Hall. On that moment Ron came from around the corner as well ''Hey'' he says. Hermione looked over her shoulder, she scowled and then focused back on Victor. I heard her whisper a 'Thank you' to Victor from behind me because I stood with my back in front of them.

''What did I miss?'' Ron asked me.

''I think you should ask Hermione after the ball''.

''Wait she got a date?'' Ron was flabbergasted when he saw Hermione with Victor ''Yes buddy Hermione is not ugly she could get anyone to be her date so you really should've asked her'' he looked in the direction of the lovely pair being all cozy in the hallway before looking back at me with a sad expression. I don't feel sorry for him right now because it's his own fault. ''But with who am I going then?''.