21. Friends with my enemies

Almost 4K I can't believe it I never thought I would get this much reads and I'm forever grateful. From now on I'm trying to upload 1 chapter per week so stay tuned. If I'm not going to make it then I will announce it on my profile. I'm still very busy with internship but I really want to finish this story <3

Draco's POV: 

It feels good to finally be friends with Potter. But now comes the hard part, the part where I tell my friends about the fact that I made friends with my enemies. Well Blaise always liked Potter and wasn't really happy when I used to bully The Golden Boy. But Crabbe and Goyle never liked Potter, they always told me they hated everything about him, the fact that he always gets what he wants, always gets out of trouble even though he isn't in trouble often. 

They hated that everyone liked Potter so much and now they have to hear from me that I made friends with the said boy. Well I didn't understand why I ever hated the boy, I mean he's adorable and wouldn't even hurt a fly. But there is only one person standing in my way from making him mine and that is Diggory. I know he kissed Potter on purpose with the second task and I could see at Potter's face that he was shocked, disappointed and embarrassed. That's what gave me a little hope to make the first step and that is being friends with him. 

Yeah after I saw them kissing I was heartbroken and sad, I just wanted to leave the Black Lake and go cry in my dorm and luckily Blaise saw my facial expression and escorted me back to the castle. But when I cried for 2 hours straight I realized Potter's reaction to the kiss and that was for me the reason to take the first step. I gave the boy some time to recover from my last attack and now I wanted to be his friend. 

I just simply have to control that demon inside my head that tries to make me the perfect Malfoy my father wants me to be but that's not who I wanna be. For 4 years straight I did every single thing my father asked me to, I put on an attitude, made it into Slytherin house, made enough friends and even 2 henchmen, got a girlfriend which I regretted later and got good grades on my exams. 

The only thing I did not do was made friends with Potter in first year, yeah my father strictly asked me to do that even though he would be in a different house I had to make friends with Potter just for my stupid reputation. My father did not care about my wellbeing, he only cared about money and reputation. I had to make friends with Potter because he was famous and everyone knew him and his reputation was on point. He said it would really be good for me to have Potter on my side but when I saw Potter for the first time I must be honest I was disappointed. 

I expected an outgoing person who was enthusiastic, talks with everyone, tries to be on his best you know what I mean. But instead I saw a tiny boy with doe eyes and pouty lips and flinched even when Longbottom tried to pick up his toad. I was a horrible person to him and who knew that in fourth year I started to develop feelings for him and even liked the features he has which I used to be disappointed about. My father was not happy with the fact that I didn't make friends with Potter but I told him he was in Hufflepuff house and that he was nothing like the stories everyone tells and that made him calm down. 

Father even hates Potter right now because in second year he visited the school and Potter bumped into him knocking him off his feet. But that's not the real reason he hates him because my father secretly works for The Dark Lord and The Dark Lord wants Potter dead because he stole all his powers and almost killed him. And Potter set Dobby our house elf free and actually I was secretly kind of grateful for that because my father was always abusing Dobby. We have many house elves in our mansion but Dobby was always the victim. I kind of feel bad for him because Dobby was a kind hearted house elf and I used to play with him in the huge garden when I was little.