Chapter 22

"Zayn? Niall?" I'm walking around the parked bus. Harry is lying down on his bunk taking a nap, so I took the opportunity to talk to Zayn and Niall about something.

"Louis? What's up?" Zayn peeps his head from around the door to he music room. I smile and walk over. "Is Niall here?" I ask. He nods, gesturing inside.

I walk inside to see Niall strumming a guitar, occasionally writing down something in his notebook. I sit down next to him as Zayn closes the door.

"Where's Harry?" Niall teases, nudging me in the side. Zayn rolls his eyes, scrolling through his phone, and I scoff.

"I'm not with him all the time." I say, rolling my eyes. "Sure Louis, keep telling yourself that."

"Look, I have something serious to ask you guys, and Harry can't hear." I play with my fingers avoiding their gazes.

I look up when Zayn and Niall don't respond, and I see them looking at me with raised eyebrows. I take a deep breath, swallowing.

"I want you guys to come with me on an errand, but we have to be discreet about it because fans can't see us. I've talked to Paul and he is going to help us."

"What's the errand?" Zayn asks, placing the guitar down beside him. I glance up at Niall. He was the one I talked to the other day, admitting my thoughts.

I've decided to do something about it sooner than later. I feel one step closer with Kyra 'breaking up' with Harry the other day. Every minute I spend with Harry is another minute I want to spend with him in the future. Honestly, I have no doubt about what I want to do, and I want to do it soon.

The album has now been finished recently, and we'll be releasing it in a few months. Our first single is planning to drop in about a week. We're doing Adore You as the first one, and we actually shot the music video the other week.

Our contract is actually set up for two years of being in the band. There's a risk with taking our relationship to the next level, but I honestly feel confident enough to do something. 

I had even thought about coming out against management's wishes . We've spent years doing whatever they ask of us, whenever they ask us of it. At this point, I wouldn't even care about the consequences, but I would never without talking to Harry and they boys first.

"Just-" I pause, wanting to explain everything, but nervous Zayn might say something against it. I know he wouldn't though, he'd never do that.

"To pick out a ring?" I say it in more of a questioning tone, looking down at my fingers to avoid eye contact.

I can practically hear Zayn bounce up from from his spot slouched on the couch.

"A ring?" He practically yells. My head snaps up.

"Shut the fuck up Zayn, he's in the bus ya know." I sigh, carding my fingers through my hair as Zayn apologizes.

"Wow a ring. I'm so happy for you Lou. When were you thinking about asking him?" He asks, Niall now leaning forward to see if I came up with a date yet.

I shrug, picking at my nails. "I still don't know yet, but I want to do it sooner than later. I want to do it before management tries to come up with another stupid way of splitting us up."

I look up again to see them nodding in agreement. "Yea Lou, of course we'll come with you." Niall smiles widely. "Married. Wow. You guys will be so happy together." Niall comments.

A sudden thought comes over me. "What if he says no? What if- what if he thinks it's a bad idea? He'll say we're too deep in our careers to get married. He'll-" my breath starts to pick up but Zayn and Niall are both there to reassure me.