Chapter 4: Promise

Anakin and I have not talked since our last departure. We both went our separate ways. He went to the Jedi, while I went to Padme, as always. I was stuck following her around to see what her day-to-day life is. I sat in front of the window of our room. The sky was grey, and the smell of rain filled the room. "You seem bored," Padme says as she begins to fold her clothes, placing them in a suitcase.

"Well, I'd much rather be doing other things than being stuck in a room all day," I sighed.

 "Perhaps it will be more fun if you walked around this place," she says, a warm smile forming on her face. She placed her hand on my shoulder. Finally, something to do!

"I will take that up," I quickly got up from the couch and started to head my way out of the door. I never realized how enormous this place was; I didn't know where my first stop would be. "Confused?" Padme laughs and points to the right of the hallway that leads to an elevator.

"Maybe your first stop should be with the handmaidens. I'm sure you'll learn a lot from them," she chuckled, slightly pushing me out into the hallway. I sigh and finally move towards the elevator. I knew the handmaidens were two floors below us, so I might as well go there first.
When I arrived, the first thing I saw was Anakin. He was talking to a guard. He seemed happy and eager to get inside. "The boys here to see Padme." the guard says into his intercom. I rolled my eyes; Padme wasn't even there.

I walked over to the man and was greeted with a smile, "And who must you be? Here to see Padme as well?" he bent over, so his eyes were at the same level as mine. "No, actually, I am trying to get away from her," I rolled my eyes; his face grew in confusion. "I'm Padme's sister, y/n." His lips made an 'O'-shape before letting out a gasp.

Before he could say anything, the doors flew open and out came Anakin. "Oh, hi y/n," he says and gives me a small hug. Uhhh.. one second, he ignores me, and the next, he hugs me??? "I got amazing news to tell you," he grabs my arm and pulls me aside.

"I'm on my way to the Jedi temple to start my training, I hope," he says, scratching the back of his head. "I was trying to find you; I thought you were with Padme." he quickly added, looking out the window. "Well, I'm glad you found me; I was starting to get bored without you," I say; I laugh to lighten the conversation. His face turns a slight pinkish color.

"As for your training, I hope it all goes well, Anakin. You're going to be a great Jedi, I know it." I say; he looks down towards his feet. "I'm sorry, have I made you sad?" he looked back up and shook his head. "No, you didn't. It's just- I wish my mother was here." he slid down the wall and sat on the floor. I followed his motion and sat down next to him. "One day, I will go back and save her," he looked at me, his face so determined and sad.

"She is in danger?" I ask; he nods his head. "Anakin, I know, I barely know anything about you, but-" I began but was quickly cut off. "Qui-Gon made a deal with Watto, who was my mother's and I owner. If I won a pod race, I would be free. The deal didn't include my mother. She stayed." he sighed, placing his face between his legs.

"I will be here for you, always," I placed my hand on his back, attempting to comfort him.
"As will I.," he says, pulling me into a hug. "When I become a Jedi, I will go back and save her," he says, pulling back. "I know you will," I said back.

"I promise, I won't fail you," he said, standing on his feet. He grabbed my hand, helping me up from the ground.

"Here I made this." His hands reached inside his pocket and pulled out a necklace. It was slightly tangled up.

"It's a Japor Snippet." I looked up at his face, he had a smile, and his cheeks grew pink. I realized I hadn't taken it from his hands. "Oh. Thank you, Anakin, but you didn't need to give me anything." I cupped it in my hands. Turning the snippet onto its flat side. It was beautiful wooden carved.

"It's so you could remember me. I will bring you good fortune." He commented. 

"It's beautiful, but I don't need this to remember you by," I replied, my eyes making eye contact with his. 

He chuckled. "I have to go, but I'll see you again." He backed away slowly and waved before turning his whole body around. 

*End of Episode One*

Hello! So I decided to go straight into ep 2! There wasn't much in ep 1! Only the formed friendship between Anakin and Y/N. Ep 2 will have bigger plots unfold as well as more romantic stuff ;) Hopefully, this book will be something you look forward to reading! I'm learning as I go. So I apologize if my grammar is horrible at times!

Note: This chapter has been updated.