Chapter 37: Ahsoka and Zander

Out came two Padawans. One was a girl; she was young. She had light blue eyes and montrarels that would wrap behind her ears. She wore her padawan beads hanging from the back of her head. She was short and small. She was a youngling.

On the other hand, there was an older boy. He seemed to be younger than Anakin but older than Ahsoka. He was human, with brown hair, short, and messily perfect. He had green eyes that weren't too bright or too dark. He was tall and thin and not a youngling.

"A youngling?" Obi-Wan asked. We all tilted our heads, confused. "And who are you two supposed to be?" Anakin asked, surprised. The two Padawans walked in our direction, "I'm Ahsoka." The girl spoke first; her voice was sweet and lovely.

"I'm Zander. Master Yoda sent us." The boy spoke next. His voice is masculine and nothing like a young boy's. "We were told to tell you three that you must get back to the Jedi Temple Immediately. There's an emergency." Ahsoka spoke, our heads tilted once more.

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but we're in a bit of an emergency right here," Anakin said, annoyed. Surprisingly, Obi-Wan chimed in, "Yes, our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help." He said, crossing both his arms into his chest.

Ahsoka hung her face; her expression turned sad. "Master Yoda had not heard from you, so he sent us to deliver the message," Zander said. He placed his hand on Ahsoka's shoulder, making her lift her head back up.

Anakin sighed loudly, rolling his eyes at the same time. "Oh great, they don't even know we're in trouble," Anakin said, frustrated; he turned around, facing his back to the group.

"Maybe you can relay a signal through the cruiser that just dropped us off." Ahsoka cheered in an attempt to calm Anakin down, and it seemed to do the trick.

"Let's head to the intercom table." Obi-Wan order. I held back, waiting for the others to walk in front before tugging on Anakin's shirt. "What was that about?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips. "What was what about?" Anakin asked annoyedly. I rolled my eyes, staring at the two Padawans walking in the distance.

"Oh, that. I don't think we need two Padawans here. It will only hold us back; we don't have time to babysit." Anakin said, rolling his eyes. "Well, don't make it known that they annoy you. Besides, one of them is Obi-Wan's Padawan and not yours." I said, making Anakin sigh while nodding.

"Now, let's go before they notice we fell behind," I said, walking back toward the group.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Master Kenobi, glad Ahsoka and Zander found you, I am." Master Yoda appeared in the center of the intercom table. "Master Yoda, we are trapped here and vastly outnumbered. We are in no position to do anything or go anywhere. Our support ships have all been destroyed." Obi-Wan seethed through his teeth.

"Send reinforcements to you; we will." Master Yoda said before the transmission started to crackle, making him disappear in an instant. "Master Yoda? Master Yoda?" Obi-Wan asked worriedly.

In the center appeared a clone, "we've lost the transmission, sir." The doors seemed to burst open, and a clone trooper and another clone came in. "We have to leave orbit immediately. More enemy ships have just arrived. We'll get back to you as soon as we can." The clone order makes Obi-Wan worry some more.

"Well, I guess we'll have to hold out a little bit longer." Anakin sarcastically said, facing Obi-Wan as he groomed his beard in his thoughts. "My apologies, Ahsoka and Zander. It's time for a proper introduction." Obi-Wan addressed bending down to be on the same eye level as Ahsoka.

"I'm the new Padawan learner. I'm Ahsoka Tano." Ahsoka beamed, giving Obi-Wan a wide smile. "I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi, your new master." Obi-Wan chirped, Ahsoka's face turned confused.

"I'm at your service, Master Kenobi, but I'm afraid I've been assigned to Master Skywalker," Ahsoka said, pointing at Anakin. "What? No, no, no," Anakin yelled, putting his hands up. "There must be some mistake. He's the one who wanted a Padawan." Anakin quickly rambled, pointing at Obi-Wan.

"No, Master Yoda was very specific. I'm assigned to Anakin Skywalker, and he is to supervise my Jedi training." Ahsoka calmly said, closing her eyes delicately. How was he so annoyed, she is super cute.

Obi-Wan and I looked at each other, trying not to laugh, seeing Anakin pace around, worried. After a few moments, Anakin returned to the small circle, "but that doesn't make any sense." Anakin said, frowning his brows intensely as he tried to find answers in Obi-Wan's eyes.

"We'll have to sort this out later. Now, Zander, you must be my new Padawan." Obi-Wan said, making his way toward Zander. Awkwardly, Zander shook his head. "Actually, I'm assigned to Y/n Amidala," Zander exclaimed, pointing in my direction. Soon everyone's eyes were on me.

"What? I never signed up for a Padawan?" I asked, confused. I wasn't upset I had gotten a surprise Padawan, I was excited. "Well, Master Yoda was also very clear," Zander said, walking towards me. He held out his hand, waiting for me to shake it; I smiled, taking his hand. "Nice to meet you, Padawan," I said joyfully.

"Great," Anakin said annoyingly loud. I stared in his direction; he was angry.

"Let's get going. It won't be long until those droids figure out a way around our cannons." Obi-Wan chuckled nervously. "I'll check on Rex in the outlook post." Anakin walked off, but before he took a step, Obi-Wan had stopped him. "You'd better take her with you," Obi-Wan said, referring to Ahsoka, who looked excited.

Anakin didn't say a word and continued walking. "He'll warm up," I said, making Kenobi chuckle. "I hope so."

Note: Chapter updated.