Chapter 61: In the Dark

By the time I woke up, the sun was glaring into my eyes. I squinted as my eyes slowly opened. Stretching my arms, I patted to the left side of the bed, noticing Anakin wasn't there. I quickly sat up; my eyes needed time to adjust to the sun's magnetic rays.

His lightsaber wasn't in his usual place, which was located on the dresser next to mine. Where could he be? I looked back to my right, looking at the small clock on the bedside table. It was still morning; Master Windu must have thought I was still asleep. By now, he would be phoning me, telling me what pointless missions to do.

I got up, stretching my back, closing my eyes in the process, but once opening them, I saw my reflection in the mirror. I was naked; I walked quickly into the dressing room, placing my usual robes on my body.

I did my hair into a bun, washing my face with the faucet water. The memories of last night flooded through my mind, how amazing it was. It had me smiling foolishly at myself in the mirror. Every time I thought about it, I felt my cheeks start to burn up, and my stomach have butterflies.

I walked down the hall walking into the living room. The room had a small fountain with a massive view of the city. It was quite beautiful to stare at. The curtains would hang from large pillars, as were the enormous statues placed in the corners of the room.

Next to the end table of the couch laid a letter. It was small and in an envelope. I wondered who it must be from; no one ever left notes.

Good morning, my love.

By the time you read, I'll most likely be with the Chancellor or Obi-wan. You looked too beautiful sleeping; I didn't want to wake you. If you need anything, you know you can always call, and I'll always pick up. Oh, and about last night, if you ever want to go for round two, CALL.

- Anakin

I closed the letter placing it back onto the table. My cheeks were a bright red, still recalling the moments as they played in my mind.

I shook my head, snapping my thoughts back to reality. I had remembered the discussion between the Chancellor and I a few weeks ago. About the Sith, he didn't go into much detail; he rather only said they were vicious and evil. Hmmm, maybe Anakin is there.

I decided to visit the old man, but first, I needed to check on Padme. She must be worried hearing the news that I've been asleep for almost a whole day, or better yet, she didn't care. Though, I still wanted to see her, even as annoying as she is.

The place Anakin and I had was secretive; no one knew we had a place to ourselves, not even Padme. Which was a risk, knowing she lived a few floors beneath us. So with that, I always had to be careful when I walked down the hallways or even took the elevator.

When I reached her complex, Jar Jar had opened the door before I got the chance to step foot.

"Ah, Master Amidala." Jar Jar shouted. His hands frankly waving in the air. He took me in for a deep and tight hug lifting me in the air. "Hey Jar Jar." I panted. His arms were suffocating my entire body.

He placed me back down, propping me slowly. The air quickly began to fill my lungs again. "Padme in room." Jar Jar commented. I bowed slightly, thanking him in the process while I walked towards her bedroom.

Opening her door was rather surprising. She was fully clothed; her hair was in a long braid. She seemed casual and not overly dressed as she always does every day. Her eyes darted at the sound of the door opening. A wide smile formed on her face as soon as we had made eye contact.