Chapter 36: Rescue

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Rex yelled as more and more dust and smoke took over the streets of Christophsis. The separatist fleet had arrived minutes after Slick, a commander trooper, was caught betraying the Jedi and his brothers.

Anakin and I ran outside to find tanks and speeders in every direction. The city was once again in chaos. "They're back!" Ani shouted, turning his head to the crew of clone troopers. "I told you this victory was too easy. We should never have sent the ship back for supplies." Obi-Wan said, finally coming out from the massive smoke hole.

"It wasn't my idea to send the ship back." Anakin clapped back, rolling his eyes. Here comes the bickering, "Alright, boys, second wave incoming." I shouted, making both their heads turn in my direction. "Yes, I called you boys because that's how you both act," I added, giving both of them a wide smile.

Anakin rolled his eyes weakly, smiling, "Rex, your men, follow me." Anakin ordered the clones to run behind him, forming a semi-looking straight line. "And y/n, of course," Anakin added, Obi-Wan shook his head, accepting he was going solo once again.

"Alright, men, let's follow Skywalker," I order my troopers. They had finally arrived on the scene.

"Yes, General," Hunter replied. 

Hunter was the leader of my own little group of clones. I didn't have a large battalion as Anakin or Obi-Wan did, but I didn't need it. My Troops were special and advanced in many ways.

Anakin darted, making everyone follow behind. More and more battle droids came out of every corner. Explosions on top of bombs seemed to be going off every minute.

We finally made it to our destination; we were on top of a building overlooking the battle. "What's our plan of attack, sir?" Rex asked, slowly peering down from the edge of the building. "Follow me." Anakin confidently said. He turned around to the rest of the group and smirked.

I knew what he was about to do; it was another one of his reckless plans that always seemed to work out in the end. I sighed loud enough for Anakin to hear me, but it only ended in him chuckling.

Anakin jumped into the air doing a backflip, landing on top of a tri-droid. Yup, there he was, showing off as usual. "Let's go, men," I yelled, making all of them jump down using their jetpacks to land back on the streets carefully. As for myself, landing on top of the tri-droid and beating Anakin in his master plan was quite the fun I had in mind.

So, that's what I did. Upon landing, the tri-droid was a bit too small for two people to be on top. "Ahh!" I yelled as I stumbled, almost losing balance. "Hey, hey! I got you." Anakin said, grabbing my hand while using the other hand to deflect the blaster shots with his saber.

"This was not a smart idea." I nervously laughed as I joined Anakin with my saber. "I could always use your help," Anakin yelled, making my cheeks form a wide smile.

"Now, jump off and cut the legs; I'll meet you later!" Anakin yelled; he jumped off, doing another backflip, landing on top of another tri-droid.

I looked to the tri-droid's sides and decided to jump onto the long barrel from where the tri-droids were shooting. With doing so, the mobility of the droid started going crazy. It started to spin in a circular motion, trying its best to fly me off. My eyes diverted onto the legs of the droid, bingo. I jumped down, landing on its metal legs, slicing it, making the droid tilt at an angle.

Two more legs were left on the droid; I jumped onto the other repeating the same movements I did with the other leg, making the whole droid fall to the ground.

Landing on the floor was the challenge; a group of battle droids enclosed the small section. I took out my saber once again, twirling as I sliced the heads, legs, and arms of the droids. Soon Anakin had jumped in from the sky after dropping another tri-droid. Helping me, we took down the small section of droids.

"Let's get back with Master Kenobi!" I yelled, making him nod. We both ran back behind the front lines, where we found Obi-Wan kneeling. "We're gonna need reinforcements,"  Anakin exclaimed. "We haven't been able to get through with the Admiral," Obi-Wan said.

"We don't need reinforcements!' I yelled, making their eyebrows lift up.

"What?" Anakin asked, deflecting shots.

"My bad batch can handle it," I smirked; there was still confusion on their faces.

More and more blaster shots dashed in our direction. Until suddenly, there was none. "They're pulling back." Anakin retracted his saber, squinting. Following his gaze, I saw my troops. "Looks like help arrived," Obi-Wan said, retracting his saber as well. 

The clones managed to hack everything around us, making every droid shut off. I knew this had to be Tech's brilliant mind.

"Told you," I smirked, walking toward the men when I looked down at my feet, feeling the thump of a large object; it was R2. "Hey, R2!" I smiled, patting the top of his head. R2 started speaking; he informed us about more help being brought.  "More help?" I asked, looking at Anakin, who shrugged.

"Our cruiser must be on its way back. Which means we'll be able to get our reinforcements." Obi-Wan said, making my mouth turn into an 'o' shape. Must be more clone troopers, I suppose. We all walked to the small cruise ship that was barely landing.

"Fresh troops, new supplies, and perhaps they brought my new Padawan with them," Obi-Wan said calmly. Both Anakin and I stop in our tracks. Is Obi-wan getting a new Padawan? "You think bringing a Padawan learner into all this is a good idea?" Anakin asked teasingly.

"I spoke to Master Yoda about it. You both should put in a request for one. You two would make good teachers." Obi-Wan teased Anakin by nudging him on the waist. "No, thanks." Anakin chuckled, waving his hand and shoving the offer off.

"Anakin, teaching is a privilege. I would love to have a Padawan." I said, making Anakin laugh even more. "And it's part of a Jedi's responsibility to help train the next generation," Obi-Wan added as we slowly embarked on the ship. "A Padawan would just slow me down," Anakin said, making both Obi-Wan and I roll our eyes. The door slowly began to open, and at that moment, we stood there with our eyes locked on the door. We were not speaking a word.

Suddenly, out came two Padawans.

Note: Chapter updated.