Chapter 31: New Toy

"Anakin, wake up!" I yelled, startling him from the bed. The alarms in the cruise ships were blaring through the room and hallway. "What is happening!" Anakin shouted, jumping out of bed reaching for his lightsaber. "Senator Organa has important news; Wullf Yularen wants us in the command center now!" I said, grabbing my lightsaber from the dresser.

I placed my black boots on, fixing my hair in the mirror before heading out. Since the Jedi found out about the clone army built behind their backs, they decided to use it for our advantage. Anakin and I were promoted from Padawans to Jedi Knights, and since then, we have grown the trust of the Jedi to go on more solo missions.

Anakin had also changed in many ways, in appearance mostly. He was still the same stubborn boy, though this time, he had grown his hair out. Finally, cutting his Padawan braid, he had grown more handsome than ever. He was no longer the blonde boy, but rather the dark brown-haired boy.

He had also changed his Jedi robes to a darker color. As for myself, I'd say my hair grew longer, still the same shade in color, but the only difference was my lightsaber color. I knew as I grew I wanted to try another saber; this time, my color saber was <color>. "You look beautiful, but let's get going," Anakin said, kissing my cheek as he looked in the mirror before us.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When we had arrived at the command center, Wullf Yularen was already on a call with Senator Organa. From feet away, the screams from nearby citizens and bombs were heard. "Here they are. Late as usual." Yularen said sarcastically. Anakin rolled his eyes, placing his hand on his Yularens shoulder. "Oh you know us, late, but always here." Anakin confidently said, making both Yularen and I chuckle before more explosions made our focus go back directly on Senator Organa.

"Separtisis forces have overrun our position!" Organa's face was terrified as more and more bombs had dropped. "And we are out of food, water, and munitions. Our situation is desperate." he had added. The intercom had been breaking up; we were losing connection by the second. "Senator Organa? Senator Organa" Anakin asked worriedly.

"General, another cruiser has been hit!" A clone trooper yelled from upfront, pointing in the direction of the blast. The cruiser was blown into pieces, folding my arms, I had grown impatient, "Master Kenobi better get here soon, or this is gonna be one short rescue mission." I yelled, now pacing back and forth. "He will be here, don't worry," Anakin said, placing both his hands on my shoulder stopping me from moving. He had smiled, looking at my lips before noticing we were not alone; he coughed slightly, scratching the back of his neck.

"The command ship is breaking down on us," Yularen yelled. Anakin and I walked towards the wide window, seeing the ships in front of us coming closer and closer. "Full forward the shields! Incoming fire!" Yualren commanded, the shields on the cruiser quickly turned on. The blasts were coming in full force, making the ship rumble every second. I held onto the chairs to maintain my balance. "This isn't gonna be easy," Anakin said sarcastically, holding on to the nearest wall.

"General, one of the supply ships has been hit," A clone trooper from beneath said as the computer had terrifying sounds coming from within it. I looked at Anakin, who knew best in every situation. "Over-fire all reactors. We're going to blow right past this guy, whoever he is." Anakin said confidently. I looked back in shock, "Are you sure?" I asked him and he nodded. He was always risky in everything he did, but my trust was fully there.

"General, a republic cruiser is coming out of hyperspace behind us." Another clone trooper yelled. Anakin and I faced the ship's back, seeing what seemed to be like Obi-wan's Ship. Finally, he will get us out of this mess. "Obi-wan," I whispered, making Yularens face brighten.

"Anakin, I want you to withdraw," Obi-wan said, appearing on the intercom table. We quickly turned to face an angry Kenobi. "Withdraw?" Anakin asked, placing his hands on the table. He lifted his eyebrows; yup, Anakin was never the type to back down from a fight he knew he could win.

"I brought a new toy that might give us an advantage." Obi-wan raised his eyebrow, giving both Anakin and I a wink. I looked at Anakin's face, which was also filled with confusion; he shrugged, not knowing what kind of toy it was. Maybe some heavy weapons, or just a simple tactic to let Anakin settle down.

"With respect, General, now might not be a bad time to regroup," Yularen said, he watched Anakin's every move hoping he would agree. After a few moments of silence, Anakin rose his hand, pointing to the map in front of us. "Tell the transporters to fall back to Obi-Wan's position. We'll cover their retreat as they escape behind the moon." Anakin said, making Yularen and the rest of the clones go heavy to work. I glanced over at Anakin, whose facial expression was curiously worried.

"Are you okay?" I asked, tilting my head. He looked back, scratching his chin, "I don't like this. I hope Obi-Wan knows what he's doing." Anakin said, sighing. "It will be fine, Obi-wan is wise," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder.

All cruiser ships had now turned around in the direction of Obi-Wan's ship.

 "If it makes you feel better, we could take a ship and head to Obi-Wan?" I asked, making Anakin's eyes widen up. "That is perfect. Let's see what this 'toy' actually is." Anakin chuckled before we quickly walked down to the docking bay.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Upon landing, we were greeted by clone troopers until my eyes landed on Obi-Wan. "Well, here we are. Tell me about this new weapon" Anakin said as we approached Kenobi. "You're looking at it," Obi-wan said, crossing his arms confidently. "Looking at what?" I said, crossing my arms while tilting my head. My eyes wandered the whole base looking for anything out of the ordinary. Or anything that might do tons of damage. "Two steps forward, and you'd be kissing it," Obi-Wan said, stepping away from us.

A  ship appeared before us, "It's a stealth ship," Obi-wan said, pointing at the ship above him appear. My eyes, as well as Anakin's, widened as a large ship appeared from nowhere. "Hmm. That's some trick." Anakin said with his eyes wandering the ship still. "I think it's fantastic," I said, my mouth in awe.

"Let's hope the separatists think so," Kenobi said, making his way to the entrance of the ship. "So I'm assuming the scanner can detect it?" I asked, tracing the figures of the ships with my fingers. "As far as we know, this is the first real field test," Obi-Wan said, chuckling under his breath. "That's encouraging," I said worriedly, making Obi-Wan chuckle even more.

"Id figure Anakin would be up for the challenge." Master Obi-Wan said, placing his hand on Anakin's shoulder. "So I can move in undetected and take them out from behind. That's a pretty small ship to destroy a whole fleet. Are there more?" Ani asked, still taking in the ship. "No. This is the prototype, and you won't be on the offensive. I need you both to run a mercy mission down to the planet's surface. The ship can carry enough supplies for Senator Organa's headquarters." Obi-wan answered.

"Oh, I'm still the delivery boy?" Anakin said, rolling his eyes. "We don't need the whole fleet. I can do this myself, with y/n." Anakin's voice had grown louder that the clone troopers around had turned their head to our conversation. "Anakin, slow down and do what I tell you. It's more important to save lives than destroy ships. I need you to continue the mercy mission." Obi-Wan raised his voice as well. "We will get on it, Master, come on, Anakin," I said, making Anakin sigh louder. "Thank you, y/n. We will keep in contact." Obi-wan said, turning back around to load the shipments.

"We could be out there fighting, but instead, you wanna deliver packages," Anakin said, folding his arms. I turned in his direction, still walking to the entrance of the ship. "Ani, senator Organa needs us. If it was Padme, I know you'd be there. This is the same situation, now stop complaining, I'm sure Obi-Wan won't keep us away from all the action." I said, making Anakin weakly smile. "You're right." He said, giving in.

We both got in our chairs, ready to take off, but before we did, Anakin glanced over in my direction once more. "Thank you for keeping me on track." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Of course," I said, giving him one last smile.

Note: Chapter updated.