Chapter 1: First Sight

The ship was cold and had an unsettling mood of depression. Padme, my sister had demanded her handmaidens wore orange attire. To symbolize strength and the skies of Naboo. Well, here was I popping with color in the darkness.

I lay in bed, covered in silk sheets. The ship was quiet enough that if a single coin were to fall on the ground from any room, it would be heard perfectly in your ears.

"Y/n," Padme said to me after a few hundred times. I often found myself dissociating from reality. I turned my body to face hers. She's awake, probably desperate as I was to fall asleep. "Trouble sleeping?" She whispered, her voice gentle and caring. Padme had child-like eyes. She was gorgeous even when she lay in bed.

"No." I lied - I was always a terrible liar. Padme knew every time I did.  She'd never tell me how she knew.

"You had a nightmare again. Was it the same one as before?" she questioned, her brows lifted in worry. I let out a sigh with a quick smile. I looked at her brown eyes before speaking, "I'm thirsty, want some water?" I replied quickly pulling the silk covers from my body and standing on my feet.

"Sooner or later you'll need to talk about it." She sighed, neatly tidying the bedsheet covers. "Yeah yeah," I replied fake yawning my way towards the sliding doors. 

Padme's cruiser was huge, but what more could you expect from the literal Queen of a planet. My fingers played along the metal walls making my way toward our "kitchen". It was a literal kitchen, just a place where we held all our snacks.

I had been stuck on this ship for what seemed like days. With no outside communication, just the random Gungan the two Jedi found and of course, R2. 

The "kitchen" was quiet and dark, the only thing here was the Gungan. At least he was getting the sleep I wished for.

I grabbed a glass cup from the counter, filling it up with cold water. Taking the first sip was amazing, I hadn't realized I had been so dehydrated. 

My nightmares were coming every night, visions I could never understand. There was always some kind of a figure looking at me, in dark clothing.  They were tall and had curly hair. Their eyes are neon yellow, but it is always a blur. I couldn't make sense of any of it.

I took my last sip placing the cup back on the counter, and with a swift turn, I peered something in the corner of my eye. I stood frozen in my tracks. My head slowly shifts to the light brown attire.

Suddenly, my eyes made full contact with a young boy. He had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. His clothes were dirty and from his small area, sand had dropped onto the ground from his clothes.

"Hello." He greeted. 

A/N: Hi guys, this chapter has been updated. Thank you for reading!