Chapter 95: Another Plan

Troops hurried down the pipe, one by one—each landing on a wet surface. The sound of their heavy boots echoed through the entire pipe.

Anakin and I quickly lowered ourselves down, but she was nowhere in sight when we set foot. "She couldn't have gotten that far," I commented, setting straight away into the dark hallways of the pipe.

There were so many footsteps making it hard to set points on those that were running away. I had to find Ahsoka; I have to. I closed my eyes in the middle of everyone's tracks. Connecting myself to the force, but most importantly to her presence. "This way," I grabbed Anakin's hand, pulling him to the right. "I can feel it too," he panted.

We took every turn that felt correct, hoping that she would be at the other end of the tube. I felt her closer; we both did. We were correct. She stood there, at the end of the tube facing down a long wide edge. What was beyond that were ships being strapped to make themselves down towards the bottom.

"Ahsoka, what are you doing?" Anakin voiced. He stopped moving as his one hand was reaching towards her. We were still feet away, but I sensed the fear that she would once again leap down towards the edge and be completely gone.

"You didn't even try to come and help me." She explained. Her eyes were gigantic and on the verge of tears. "They wouldn't even let me in to talk to you," Anakin responded, trying to reason as he slowly stepped forward. "You could have if you tried!" She yelled, making her voice echo through the piping.

"How would that look, Ahsoka, huh?" he forced out, almost stuttering over his own words. "Forcing my way in would've made you look even more guilty." he continued.

 I closed my eyes—wrong choice of words, Ani.

"I'm not guilty!" she folded her hands together, holding them onto her upper chest. "Then we will prove you innocent. The only way we can do that is by going back." Ani responded. We were much closer to Ahsoka but still not reachable.

"I don't know who to trust." She stuttered before hanging her head down low. There was a moment of silence while the thunder and lightning came rushing down.

"Listen, I would never let anyone hurt you, Ahsoka, never. But you need to come back and make your case to the council." He voiced. I stood behind him, seeing his hand extend out once more as he inched his way towards her body.

"No. I'm not going to take the fall for something I didn't do!" She yelled; her voice was harsh and, this time, not willing to reason with any words he had to say. "I'm ordering you to put your lightsaber down and come with me." He yelled back in the same tone as hers.

I had to intervene; this no longer was a conversation that would be easy.

"Ahsoka, you can trust me." I walked out of Anakin's frame, making myself visible. Her eyes looked back up towards my face, "You know you can," I continued. However, after a brief moment, her lips slightly parted. But the sounds of the troops were what turned it all around.

"I do trust you, Y/n. But you both know as well as I do that no one will believe me." She turned her head around so that it peered over her shoulder. She was looking back onto the edge planning out her escape.

"Anakin, you have to trust me now." she slightly whispered.

"Ahsoka, I do trust you!" Anakin replied he took faster steps, not caring about overstepping his boundaries.

"I know you do. Wish me luck." She turned her body quickly around and, within a second, jumped right off. I walked toward the edge seeing her land onto the ship below. I looked to my side to see Anakin's body right next to mine.

He was watching her leave again. Her eyes stared right into ours as the ship she was in slowly lowered itself down. The further down she got, the more she disappeared.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

That same night, the council had a quick emergency meeting with none other than Admiral Tarkin. I always had a sore feeling for the man; he seemed more into helping himself and making others miserable than actually helping. However, not being a part of the order had its downside. I was not welcomed in their meeting, which was vital.

"Master Amidala?" A voice so familiar crept in beside me. I turned my head slowly, making eye contact with my once-to-be padawan." Zander," I mumbled beneath my breath. I wasn't prepared for the entire conversation that was settled upon but knew it was time to come clean.

"Zander, I want to say I'm so-" but before even finishing, he placed a step forward. His hand placed itself onto my arm before a smile appeared on his face. "You don't have to apologize; I understand I was too cool for you to handle," he chuckled, making a weak smile appeared on my face.

Boy, did he deserve a master more worthy than I was, "You know what? You're right. You are too cool for me to handle," I sarcastically replied, punching his arm weakly.

"Ouch," he grabbed onto his "bruised" arm, playfully pretending it hurt. "Oh, come on, it wasn't even that hard," I rolled my eyes once more, letting bursts of laughter from my mouth come out. "No, I'm pretty sure I'll wake up with one big bruise." he continued until finally, our laughter died out.

The only sound now was the muffled voices that were coming from inside the meeting. "... the clone officers murdered....were killed by none other than Ahsoka Tano... and processed to cut him down along with five other clones" The voice of Admiral Tarkin's voice was almost as annoying as c3pos' jabber.

"What will happen to her?" Zander asked. I had completely forgotten he was even in the same room. "I don't know, but Anak- Master Skywalker and I will help her in every way possible." I frantically stuttered, shaking my head before walking towards the couches that were in the hallway.

Zander's body landed right next to mine. His hands cupped inside his arms as if he was also waiting for the meeting to conclude. "You don't think the Jedi would simply turn her away, would you?" he asked; his face grew in odd concern. For a second, I knew the answer to his question; no, they couldn't. Though, that answer changed.

"I- I don't know," I whispered. My head automatically hung down. I looked onto the red and yellow carpet, wishing I knew the answer to such a simple question. "Did you leave the order because... well, because you no longer trusted the Jedi?" He asked yet another question and another one that left me confused.

"I don't know; I guess I had to leave to make things right," I responded, but deep inside, I questioned if it was the right answer. "Well, I think-" Zander was quickly interrupted by the sound of the council door opening. With that, my feet quickly jumped up from the couch.

"Anakin," I smiled before noticing the frown on his face. Bad news, I assumed. He quickly paced himself towards my body, taking my arm and pulling me onto the side. "We need to find Ahsoka, and quickly. The council and Admiral Tarkin aren't very patient," he whispered as the rest of the council members passed through the hall.

"Then let's get started," I replied, grabbing onto his gloved hand. Small comforts were everything in this type of situation. "Do you still have your lightsabers with you?" He asked, moving the sides of my hood to reveal my waist. "Mmmhm,"

His eyes locked onto my waist before lightly biting his corner lower lip. "What?" I asked as his gaze kept locked onto my body. I was worried it had become noticeable. I mean, I didn't have a belly, and I was only 3 weeks in.

"You look like quite the snack in that dress," he replied, a smirk growing onto his face. "Anakin, lower your voice," I whispered as the side of my cheeks started to burn. I wasn't embarrassed but more afraid of those nearby.

"I don't care if they know," He commented as he took his gloved hand and placed itself under my chin. "Ani, don't say that," I grabbed his wrist, lowering his hand back down towards his body. I only prayed; no one even heard our voices echoing through the hallways of the temple.

"So, what's the plan now?" I asked, making his lips part slightly. He was in his thoughts, perhaps thinking of a quick solution. "The only thing we can do, find her." He sighed.