Chapter 19

It had been more than a week since Alpha Bryce came to visit. The Alpha had slipped away and was now hiding safe in his own territory. Faolan wasn't going to let him be free for long. He had a plan but it took time to put together. He wanted the bastard dead, but he would have to settle for stripping him of his title and pack.

Before he could do that he needed to introduce Riona to the rest of the Royal pack. She slowly had been meeting them as they visited the pack house, but there were many more to see. Luckily for him the full moon was approaching which meant the pack would gather for their monthly run. It was the perfect opportunity to introduce Riona.

...

Riona was trying not to flip out. Faolan was so excited when he told her about the pack run, but all Riona could do was worry about the possibilities of what could go wrong. She wasn't worried about meeting the whole pack, although that in itself is terrifying. No what worried her most was something a little closer to home. Her wolf.

Ever since escaping from her old pack, her wolf has been broken and not something she could trust. What happened the night of the mating run was tame. The time before that Riona tore through half of her old pack's warriors ripping them from their limbs. If she had not stumbled upon Candace she was sure she would tear through the entire country.

Riona sat in her and Faolan's room sitting on the bed cross legged. She wore some
simple black yoga pants and a black tank top in preparation of the run. She was running through all the different possible scenarios through her head. Maybe she could just meet everyone at the beginning and then let them run on their own.

She was still deep in thought when she heard the door open quietly. Riona didn't look up but felt the bed dip and a weight settle next to her as a gentle hand rubbed her arm. The sparks she felt told her it was Faolan. Her wolf preened itself in the presence of their mate.

"Penny for you thoughts?' Faolan whispered. It was only then did she look up at him and when she met his eyes she melted at the care he had in them. Riona didn't want to disappoint him but he still needed to know what was at stake.

"I don't know if I can do this Faolan," she replied back. "I know it's important to meet the pack but maybe I should wait to run with them until..." Faolan stroked her hair to comfort her.

"What are you worried about?" Riona looked down not want to admit it to him.

"My wolf is..." Riona didn't know how to finish. She almost said ferrel, which would be the truth but ferrel wolves often had to be put down. Faolan chuckled. Riona looked at him curiously.

"Don't worry Ri. I met your wolf. I know she's a bit moody. For good reason too. She won't be an issue. Just stay close to me and you'll be fine."

"But how can you be sure?" Riona exasperated. "How are you sure I won't hurt someone?"

"Because of this." Faolan bent over and kissed her neck over his mark which sent waves of pleasure throughout Riona's body. He then only lifted his head to speak letting the words breathe over her. "A mating mark is one of the few things than can calm the wolf. It's why it's so important to for Alpha's to find their mate. The mark calms us. Keeps our wolves grounded when we shift. It should do the same for you."

That did calm Riona some, and she did find some truth in his words. Riona had gone without the wolfsbane tea for several weeks now and and her wolf for the most part had been content. 

Faolan got up from the bed and pulled Riona with him so he could grasp her fully on his arms nuzzling his face into her neck.

"I know you are worried, but I promise I will be with you the entire time and if you feel you have had enough we will retire early and let the pack run without us." Riona had no idea how Faolan knew exactly what to say, but his words did comfort her. Maybe she could do this.

...

Riona followed Faolan hold his hand as he led her to the pack gathering outside

Riona followed Faolan hold his hand as he led her to the pack gathering outside. Her steps became more hesitant as she got closer to the gathering crowd. The clearing next to the pack house was filled with hundreds of people. She knew the Royal pack was big but this was even beyond what she imagined.

It seemed that everyone had come out to meet the new Luna. Riona saw many families with young children running about their parents' legs. It made her heart warm seeing them. As Riona finished turning around the bend to join everyone, she gasped at seeing a familiar face.

"Maggie!" Candace stood at the front next to her father practically bouncing to talk to her. At seeing her dear friend Riona broke away from Faolan running and embracing her sister in bond. Candace giggled as she hugged Riona. After they separated Riona couldn't stop smiling and looking at her friend. 

"What on earth are you doing here?" she asked. Riona wasn't upset but grateful for the surprise. 

"I was invited by his majesty to come to your introduction and Dad said I could come as long as he came with. I still can't believe you are the next Luna Queen!" Riona tried to hush Candance as she started the squeel but couldn't help but look over to Faolan who was now talking with Alpha Bob. Faolan noticed her staring and gave her a sideways glance with a smile, then continued talking with the other Alpha. A warm fuzzy feeling filled Riona at the thought that her mate was thoughtful enough to bring her another friend when she was feeling so unsure of herself. 

Once everyone had gathered around, Faolan stood at the front and called everyone's attention. 

"Thank you everyone for coming," he boomed his voice out loudly so everyone can hear. "I know the rumors have been rampant so to put it all to rest I would like to confirm that yes, I have indeed found my mate." Riona was surprised to hear as the crowd suddenly erupted into a chorus of cheers and applause. Most everyone seemed excited at the news. 

Once the crowd had died down a bit Faolan reached out for Riona who was standing with Erin and Theo to the side. Cautiously, Riona walked over and stood next to Faolan. Apparently it wasn't close enough as Faolan wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into his side before speaking again. 

"May I introduce to everyone my mate, Riona Heartwell." Riona looked out at the crowd of smiling faces. She didn't know what to do so she just stood there awkwardly twiddling with her fingers in front of her. Luckily she didn't have to stand long before Faolan spoke again. "I know everyone is excited to meet her but please be patient with her as she is still adjusting to her new role, but I have every confidence that she will grow in to the best Luna this pack could ask for. Riona looked up at Faolan who was staring down proudly at her. That warm feeling filled her again as she realized she wanted to do nothing more than make him proud.