Prologue

A/N Ok so honestly when I'm reading, I hate prologues. I find them tedious and yet here I wrote a super long one. Le sigh* However if you are really into background info this basically sets everything up for the main character. If you are like me though and just want to get to the actual story here is a summary of it.....

Riona has a mate (let's call him dick splash) who keeps promising they can be together after several years of being kept apart. Turns out he's a dick (shocker) and has decided he wants to mate someone else claiming they are better to lead the pack. Riona (obviously pissed) claims she wants to reject dick splash and leave the pack so she can move on with her life but (surprise surprise) dick splash says no and drags her away to the dungeons so she can't escape. 

"How much longer?" Riona was trying not the whine but she had been waiting so long for her mate that being patient was taking it's toll.

"Not much longer." Bryce replied. Bryce was the Alpha of the Long Tooth Pack. He took over as Alpha two years earlier when his father died of a heart attack. Before that he was training along with some other warrior wolves in other packs. His father told him it was so he could could learn knowledge from other pack but secretly he wanted to separate Bryce from Riona.

Riona knew from her first shift that Bryce was her mate, but Bryce's father was against it and so told the pair to keep their status quiet. Now that Bryce was Alpha, Riona was anxious to finally start their relationship. There were some complications however.

While on his travel training with other packs Bryce started a relationship with Sabrina the Beta's daughter. Riona was hurt but couldn't blame Bryce for seeking comfort while he was forced away from his pack and home but now it was their time to be together. Although Bryce wanted to be with Riona he couldn't toss Sabrina away immediately after becoming Alpha and so asked Riona to wait until things settled before he claimed her as his mate and Luna.

Still even through all the years the two managed to find moment where they could spend near each-other and plan for the day for when they could finally be together. Tonight was a moment of just that where the two were sitting on the dock of their local lake just admiring the view of nature.

"Bryce I know you say soon, and I believe you, but if I knew just how much longer I think this would be easier to bear. I don't blame you for waiting. I see your point in it, but I don't want to miss out on years we could have together." Bryce let out a sigh of tension. This was a conversation they had many time before and it was getting harder to locate Riona. Not that he could blame her either.

"Tell you what. In three months is the Triennial Gathering. They always have the mating run during the full moon for unmated wolves. I'll take Sabrina with me. With so many wolves in one place she is bound to find her mate and I can let her go knowing she will be happy. When I return I can claim you as my mate with a clear conscience and we can start without any negative impact."

Riona was blessed to have such a caring mate. Even though he and Sabrina were not fated he still cared enough not to leave her broken and alone without a thought to her happiness. It was just a shame that his thoughtfulness was paid by Riona's loneliness. But that shouldn't be for much longer. Three months. She could wait three months for an eternity of happiness.

Riona snuggled into the side of her mate wrapped up in his warmth against the autumn air. Years from now when they have grown old and surrounded by grandchildren they would be able to look back and say that the wait was worth being with their fated mate.

......