Chapter 14

Maggie woke to the sound of knocking. It took her a good few minutes before it registered to her brain that it meant someone wanted her to answer. She slowly rolled out of bed. Her head still hurting from all the crying she had been doing. God, her life was an emotional wreck right now.

Maggie still only had on the pair of basketball shorts and t-shirt she was given. She didn't feel presentable no matter who was at the door. She'll need to talk to Faolan about getting clothes.

The thought of Faolan sent a rush of warmth through her chest. It was an uneasy feeling but she didn't fight it.

Grabbing the comforter and wrapping it around her she approached the door. Her wolf was on high alert. She had seemed relatively calmer since Faolan marked her but she couldn't be too careful.

Maggie opened the door just a bit to peer out. Waiting outside with a smile on her face was the blond haired Erin still in her blue dress and house slippers.

"Morning Luna! I hope I'm not disturbing you, but I was told that you would be needing some clothes." In the woman's hands was a grocery bag.

Before Maggie could respond Erin pushed her way into the bedroom, setting the bag on a coffee table.

"Well then let me get a look at you." Erin turn and whipped off the comforter taking away Maggie's shield.

"Whoa," she gasped. Maggie went to cover herself up ashamed at her appearance. It was obvious she had been crying earlier and her hair was most definitely a mess. Before she could do so Erin spoke again. "You look amazing! Of course you would have to be to be Faolan's mate." Erin gave Maggie another bright smile before returning to the bag and pulling out the clothes.

"Now I had to guess on your size, you are a bit taller than me, but I think I found something that will work." Erin continued to talk as she handed the clothes to Maggie. "Tomorrow I will take you shopping in town. Fix you up real nice and we have to get lots of dresses. Faolan will melt once he sees you in a dress." Erin then paused looking at Maggie, expecting what, Maggie didn't know. After a pause Erin clarified. "Well chop chop! Go take a shower and get dressed. There is work to do."

After showering Maggie felt like a new person. She braided her hair and was able to put on the black yoga pants and purple tank. Erin was even considerate enough to provide some basic underwear and a sports bra.

Erin put down the magazine she was reading and smiled when Maggie emerged from the bathroom. 

"Well don't you look right as rain. I have one more outfit for you in the bag for tomorrow so that should get you through until we go shopping. How ya feeling?"

Maggie's mouth smirked on one side. Honestly the shower did do her some good and it was nice to see a friendly face. 

"I feel...better," she replied. "Thanks again for the clothes they really do help."

"No worries Luna. I saw Faolan go into his office. I'm sure he'll be in there for a while. Why don't you come downstairs with me? I've got some cookies to bake. I'll let you lick the bowl."

...