Chapter 16

When Maggie woke up she was alone again. Why was she disappointed she was alone?  Not wanting to linger on that thought, she rolled out of the giant bed and headed for the bathroom. She wondered where Faolan had gone and felt the tug of the bond. He was close and concentrating on who knows what. Best not to disturb him, Maggie thought. 

Instead Maggie went to the bathroom to freshen up. She took a shower and changed into the last outfit Erin brought her which consisted of some grey yoga pants and a plum fitted t-shirt that said "bite me". No doubt this was Erin's humor. She would have to talk to Faolan about getting her clothes. She didn't want to have to wash the same two outfits over and over. 

She was brushing her teeth when she heard Faolon enter the bedroom. After a moment she felt something sharp grip her through the mate bond followed by Faolan yelling out "Maggie!" 

Something was wrong.

Maggie abandoning her teeth spat out what suds she had in her mouth and ran to meet Faolan. Upon reentering the bedroom she saw the balcony door open and Faolon leaning over the railing looking down. Maggie walked out and stared at him wondering what could he possibly be so panicked about. 

"What are you doing?" she finally said as calmly as possible. Even then it startled him. Faolan whipped himself around to look behind him to see Maggie with his eyes wide. He stared at her panting trying to calm his breaths down. Maggie couldn't understand what got him so worked up until she realized where they were standing. He was looking over the balcony which was the same way she escaped back in the Dark Woods pack house. That connected the pieces. 

"You thought I ran off again didn't you." It wasn't really a question. Faolan looked away from her embarrassed at what turned out to be an over reaction.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled out while rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Eh...I can't blame you," Maggie replied casually.  "It's not like I've  never run out on you before. Didn't work out to well the first time." Maggie tried to give Faolan a reassuring smile.

Faolan didn't respond and instead crush Maggie to him burying his face in her neck. He was breathing in her scent to try to calm his wolf down but he was still tense. Maggie just stood there and let him breathe her in. Before she could react though Faolan pulled back before crashing his lips to hers. The kiss was desperate, all passion with no restraint. Maggie was caught off guard at first but it didn't take long for her to respond. Soon their lips found a steady rhythm. Maggie raised her hands and threaded them through Faolan's hair before tugging on him. Faolan responded with a growl before deepening the kiss. It became less frantic and more determined.

After what seemed like hours, but was probably just a minute or two Faolan broke their kissing and touched his forehead to hers. Both kept their eyes closed as they tried to catch their breath. Maggie's lips tingled from the sweet abuse they had just endured.  After a few moments, Faolan finally opened his eyes to look at her. 

"I thought you left me again." he whispered. "I though even after everything you still ran." the side of Maggie's mouth tugged upward in a half grin. 

"Nope, still here...You caught me once. Pretty sure you'd catch me again. Beside I'm finding it harder and harder to run from you." Maggie had no idea when she got so bold but it was worth it to see Faolan's face light up. He was about to dive in for another kiss when there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Maggie, you up? We're going shopping today! Time to get you all hooked up." Erin walked in before either of them could answer, but stopped when she saw the pair. Maggie and Faolan  quickly stepped apart from each other but that didn't stop Erin from giving a knowing smile. "Whoops. Guess I broke my own rule. At least I knocked. Still, don't mind me!. I'll meet you down stairs Maggie." Erin began to pull the door but before it closed she gave a wink and said "Take your time, there is no rush."