Chapter 15

"What pack is this by the way?" That caught Faolan off guard. What did she  mean what pack?

Faolan smirked at her question. "You mean you don't know?" Faolan meant it to be a playful tease, but alarm bells went off when Maggie furrowed her brows at him. 

"No I don't. I know it's a large pack but I'm not familiar with every pack in the country." 

FUCK! Here he was finally making progress getting his mate to confide in him and now he has to drop ANOTHER fucking bombshell. She was going to flip when she connected the dots. 

Cautiously he answered her. "Sweetie this is the Royal Pack." Faolan counted  the seconds for her to process what he said and braced himself for her realization. 

"The Royal Pack?!?" Faolan nodded at her with concern on his face. "So you are the Alpha of the Royal Pack." Faolan nodded again. Faolan was sprung tight. If she tried to make a run for it he would have to stop her. There was no running from this. "So if you are the Alpha of the Royal Pack that would makes you..." Maggie couldn't finish that thought. Her eyes were wide as her mind ticked away. Faolan couldn't wait for her to finish the thought. 

"It means that I am the Alpha King." Maggie froze in shock. She was frantically looking around the room probably looking for the best escape route. Luckily Faolan was already sitting between her and the door, so she wouldn't be able to leave that way. There was the giant window though, which she does has a history of using. Faolan was planning all the different ways he could grab her without hurting her when to looked right at him. 

"You are not going to make me wear a dumb tiara are you?" 

What? That was not the response Faolan was expecting. Running? yes. Trying to rip his throat out? Maybe. But to object to a tiara?!? It was Faolan's turn to look at Maggie shocked. Her face was completely serious and aghast at the though of wearing a bejeweled crown. After a few minutes Maggie's mouth began to twitch at the corners. That's when the ridiculousness of her comment finally registered with him. She was going to be expected not only to be a Luna to a pack, but also to an entire species, and all she is worried about is wearing a tiara. 

Faolan's mouth began to crack with the amusement behind the thought. That only made Maggie smile more which in turn made Faolan crack a little more. Soon the two were snickering trying to hold back their laughter. Maggie broke first letting out a chuckle and then Faolan could not hold it back any longer. The two roared in unison. Maggie held her belly trying to gain control but every time one would start to calm down they would look at the other and start laughing all over again. It was several minutes before their laughter began to die down. 

Faolan gave out a last few chuckles as he leaned back with his arm on the back of the couch. Maggie settling too leaned back to resting her head on his arm. It was an unconscious decision on both their part, but the way they were positioned it was almost like Maggie was leaning into Faolan with his arm around her. 

Faolan struggled with his emotions. His wolf wanted to pull her in and caress their mate but Faolan didn't want to risk overstepping his bounds and losing the ground he had made. He didn't have to struggle long as someone came barging through the door at which point Faolan removed his arm. 

"Hey we got a problem. Captain Asshat keeps calling." Dammit Theo. He always had the worse timing. "He's complaining about some lost pack member..." Theo froze mid sentence at seeing the couple. Maggie was looking anywhere but at the two men in the room and Faolan was staring daggers at Theo. 

"Oh," was all Theo said. 

"Oh," Faolan replied sarcastically. 

"Uh... you know what? I can tell Captain Asshat to go suck it. Looks like you're too busy right now." With that Theo pulled a one eighty and walked right back out of the office.