The Doctor's Wife (2)

| Outside | Junkyard | Night |

Aubrielle slowly opened the doors of the TARDIS, peeking her head out and looking around before pulling the Doctor out with her as she fully stepped out of the empty feeling TARDIS. As they took in their surroundings, it seemed almost as if they were in a junkyard with the planet's surface being cluttered with rusting spaceships.

"So what kind of trouble's your friend in?" Amy questioned as they walked around.

"He was in a bind, a bit of a pickle." He answered quickly. "Sort of distressed."

"Ah, you don't know do you?" Aubrielle questioned him with a teasing smile.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes playfully at the beautiful woman next to him and pinched her sides causing her to squeal with touches of laughter and she fought his hands off.

"But what is this place?" Rory questioned, trying to bring the two back to the problem at hand. "The scrapyard at the end of the universe?"

"Not end of, outside of." Aubrielle corrected her brother in law,

"How can we be outside the universe?" Rory questioned, still not processing their predicament. "The universe is everything."

"Imagine a great big soap bubble with one of those tiny little bubbles on the outside." The Doctor explained as he wrapped an arm around Rory's shoulders.

"Okay." He nodded in realization.

"Well, it's nothing like that." Aubrielle said as she rested a hand on the TARDIS with a frown. "Completely drained. Look at her."

"Wait. So we're in a tiny bubble universe, sticking to the side of the bigger bubble universe?" Amy questioned.

"Something's coming." Aubrielle told them, going unheard.

"Yeah. No. But if it helps, yes." The Doctor answered, confusing them more. "This place is full of rift energy. She'll probably refuel just by being here. Now, this place. What do we think, eh?" He asked as he threw dirt in the air. "Gravity's almost Earth normal, the air's breathable, but it smells like..."

"Armpits." Amy offered an answer to him.

"Armpits." He confirmed.

"Doctor..." Aubrielle whispered, seeing something in the distance.

"What about all this stuff?" Rory questioned, gesturing to everything around them as Aubrielle squinted her eyes as the wreckage seemed to levitate in the air and piece together. She wiped her eyes and it disappeared. But something was coming, she could feel it. "Where did this come from?"

"Doctor..." Aubrielle mumbled, feeling the wind move as small whispers filled the air. She walked over to her lover and placed her hand in his, waiting for him to interlocked their fingers. A light smile filled her lips as she got a sense of what's coming. "She's coming."

"Well, there's a rift." He explained, interlocking their fingers and squeezing her hand in response. "Now and then stuff gets sucked through it. Not a bubble, a plughole. The universe has a plughole and we've just fallen down it."