A Part of Me

Inside | TARDIS | Morning |

The whispers followed Aubrielle as she glided across the Tardis hallway floors. Her quiet steps stumble to a halt in front of her sister's door. A hesitant hand shakingly raises, drops then raises again. She doesn't know why she is so nervous, it's just her sister. Aubrielle is worried, she can't understand why her body has been so on edge around Amy lately. She loves her sister. So why is she acting like this? She doesn't know. Before she can even comprehend, she hears three soft taps on the wooden door. Aubrielle looks at her hand with wide eyes, her mouth opens and repeatedly closes as she tries to understand why she did that. She pivots quickly, fast steps barely making any distance in this never-ending hallway.

"Aubrielle?" Amy's voice calls out to her sister in confusion. "Are you okay?"

Aubrielle feet are glued to the floor, she stares into the distance trying to think of what to do next. Aubrielle jumps as a soft hand is brought to her shoulder. Bright green eyes trail slowly from the hand to the person, her voice is shaking as she looks into her sister's eyes. Something's different.

"Little sister..." Amy whispered. "You're scaring me."

Aubrielle laughs inwardly at the statement, thinking the same thing. Aubrielle is terrified, her body is shaking and on edge, she is blacking out and she can't seem to figure out how it involves Amy. Sometimes, she wakes up outside this bedroom door with no clue how she got there.

"Big sister..." Aubrielle whispered. "I need your help."

Amy furrows her brows at her little sister, clearly seeing her on edge. Amy nods absent-mindedly trailing her hand from her sister's shoulder down to her hand and grasping it gently. The sisters walk down the hallway to Amy's bedroom, the two coming to a stop in front of Rory.

"What's going on?" Rory questioned, looking between the two women. He can sense the tension.

"Can we have a moment alone?" Amy questions her husband.

"Why?" Rory questioned, standing his ground. He wants to help.

"Rory, please?" Aubrielle pleaded.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Rory, I love you but get out." Amy stated bluntly causing Aubrielle to giggle at Rory's offended expression.

"Fine but if I hear fighting, I'm coming back."

Once the door closes, Amy leads Aubrielle to sit on the bed. The two hold hands, taking comfort in the silence brought to them. A weight seems to fall off their shoulders as they are in each other's presence, the two knowing no matter what they do or say, nothing can ever change between them.

"I'm sorry..." Aubrielle whispers, not meeting her sister's eye.

"You're sorry?" Amy questions in confusion. "What for?"

"Everything."

Amy looks to her sister in confusion, not quite sure what she is apologizing for. Amy tries to make eye contact with her sister but Aubrielle refuses to look up from her fiddling fingers. She opened up her mouth to make a comment but Aubrielle cut her off before the words could come out.

"I've been such a horrible sister to you." Aubrielle said softly, looking at Amy. "You try so hard to prove yourself to the Doctor and because of me, I ruin it for you..."

A look of realization crosses Amy's face as she listened to her little sister, and she quickly shook her head in denial as she wraps her arms around her sister.