Reuniting With The Heart Pirates.

{gonna just post this now since the episode in the anime was released today. <3}

"Law's crew is back!" Nami's excitable voice reaches Kyo's ears as the shorter girl single-handedly tends to the wounds she had gotten while being chased down by dinosaur Drake earlier. 

Of course Nami had offered to help but stubborn pride has it's way of seeping into Kyo at times like this, Mihawk had taught her to wrap her own bandages after all.

Naturally, she hasn't had the choice to be so independent when under the Heart Pirate's supervision since Law will often just use his devil fruit to make her obey his wishes - but when she is able to take care of herself, she certainly will.

Her brown eyes trailing toward the silouettes in the distance as Nami hurriedly approaches them, the older redhead swiftly using her teeth to pull the bandages tight before cutting off the unneeded length. She can hear Bepo exchange dialogue with Nami in the distance but something seems off.

The polar bear sounds...happy, but distressed at the same time.

He's a bad faker.

Finally on her feet, Kyo begins to approach the group also, her attention shifting down to the card in Bepo's paw as he and Nami converse over it's new meaning. 

It would seem she'd have to work on finding out what that new meaning is.

Is that what's troubling Bepo? Not knowing the meaning of the card? No, it's something else...

Her observant eyes quickly flicker up to the crew instead, closely trying to scan their faces. Sure, many of them hide their appearances which makes it more difficult but, Shachi and Penguin especially, are quite easy to read. 

And it's when her eyes meet with Penguin's, she notices him briskly look away, seemingly trying to avoid her gaze and avoid being read. However, his jaw is pulled taut, his teeth must be gritted and he's covered in sweat.

In fact, something he has in common with Bepo right now would be his aura. 

He's also distressed. 

And Law is absent.

The second Nami begins to walk away with her bright smile, Kyo's eyes finally meet with Bepo's, the polar bear already beginning to crumble it would seem. 

"Where is--" And before she even finishes the question, he cracks. 

"Captain...! It's our fault!" The white ball of fur cries out, his face suddenly filling with the upset that he was bottling up as his paws clench and his black lips quiver, a sob escaping his throat as he struggles to continue. "I'm sorry, Captain!"

Naturally, his reaction only causes the redhead to tense also as her dark brows knit together, dread washing over her as she steps forward and reaches out to the bear's large arms to subtly comfort him. "Sorry for what? What the hell is going on?!"

It's quite out of character for her to yell, especially at minks or anything resembling an animal but in this moment, things are dire and the ainticipation is torture. 

What happened to the crew? The plan? Where's Trafalgar? 

So many questions and seemingly such little time to wait for the answers. 

"It was Hawkins." Penguin answers for the polar bear, drawing back Kyo's large-eyed stare, her heart pounding rapidly inside her chest as she opens her mouth to ask what he did but Penguin surely sees this coming and speaks before her. "His devil fruit, he...he made a deal with our captain. We were released but...Captain had to turn himself in."

The information feels like a blow to the stomach but the girl still feels a sense of relief knowing the situation; he's alive and so long as it remains that way, there's still something that can be done for him.

"Captain told us not to tell Straw Hat or the others about his capture...I think he was including you there too." Shachi guiltily mumbles, only earning himself a deep sigh from the fellow redhead in return.

"Law isn't usually an ignorant man, he should have guessed that I'll find out sooner or later..." Kyo's voice a mere whisper as her troubled gaze shifts to the ground, her teeth now gritting also as she desperately tries to think of a way to aid him without alerting Luffy. "That fool..."

Not that she can blame Law though, he is surprisingly rather selfless when it comes to those he cares about. It's one of the things she most admires about him...though, in this moment, she wishes he would have at least thought it through before rushing off to help his crew.

He must have suspected that it could be a trap.  

But then, would she have thought it through if she were in his position? 

"We can't just do nothing! We're the heart pirates!" Bepo's outburst snaps her out of her thoughts immediately, the polar bear close to tears as he passionately speaks out. "Let's take our captain back! Our captain's life is more important than Kinemon's plan!"

She can't possibly conjure up an argument against that but still... "Bepo--!" 

"Don't you agree, Kyo?!" The bear blurts, his dark eyes filled to the brim with tears as he stares down at the girl pleadingly. She couldn't possibly lie to this bear, even the surgeon himself as a soft spot for this mink, he's simply adorable.

What chance does she have of acting cold toward him?

Besides, he's completely right. 

She can't just do nothing while Law is locked up and being tortured, possibly even killed. 

"Of course I agree!  What's the plan?" 

And so, it's decided. 

It would seem that she too wouldn't think it through properly before rushing off to help somebody she cares greatly for. 

She learns something new everyday.

---------