Awkward Talks With Penguin. #2

"How did captain respond to the bleeding?"

Penguin still sits before the redhead with a curious glimmer in his eyes, the girl has since given up protesting and sat herself down to feed this man's curiosity so that they can both carry on with their day. 

"He isn't stupid, he knew it would happen the first time so he just waited for me to adjust while using other methods to...stimulate my body." By this point, she has just resorted to repainting her nails while they have this awkward discussion.

She has been needing to do this task for a few days now and what better time to do so than right this minute?

"What about the second time? It didn't surprise him?"

"Hm...no, it still surprised him but I think he knew what the cause of the bleeding was, he probably felt it tear." 

Penguin simply nodding his head in understanding, his eyes still filled with both amusement and curiosity from beneath his hat, a wide grin etched into his features.

"I see! Does...captain spoil you?"

"Meaning?" The redhead lightly hums, pausing her nail-painting while shooting a somewhat puzzled glance up at the boy before her.

"In the bedroom, does he give you whatever treatment you want or do you have to work for it?"

"What does this have to do with medical research?"

The cheeky male doesn't even attempt to play innocent at this point, his grin still as wide as Monkey D. Luffy's himself as he shrugs his shoulders carelessly. "I'm just curious, I'm sure you know that feeling." His response earning him a firm stare for a solid minute before Kyo's eyes finally trail back down to her nails, resuming her little manicure. 

"You are aware that I could betray you at any given moment, yes?"

Penguin merely chuckling at her slight threat as he leans back against a broken piece of wood that's been hitched up against the wall, his smile never wavering. "Yeah, but you won't!" 

Kyo's brows immediately knit together at the boy's confidence as her attention darts back up to him. "Do you not think I'm capable of betrayals?" At this point, it's her own curiosity kicking in, she wants to know whether or not she's truly trusted by Law's crew these days and this is certainly the best time to find out.

"No, you could definitely betray somebody if you wanted to, but you're so obvious that it'd be very clear what you're planning." Penguin chuckles out teasingly, the pirate trying (and failing) to cover up his laughter by using his fist to hide his smile.

"...I see." Kyo begrudgingly responds, a tiny pout on her lips as she colours her last fingernail, she knows she can't argue with him there since she is often too honest with people.

"It's also clear that you're head over heels in love with our captain, so you wouldn't hurt--"

"I would, if he were to hurt me first, make no mistake of that."

Poor Penguin falls completely silent at her somewhat sharp reply, staring at her from underneath his hat with a slightly perplexed expression before he finally begins to giggle to himself. 

"You're kidding, right? Captain wouldn't harm anybody without reason, especially not somebody he gives a damn about." 

"Hm...true, perhaps that is why we get along so well." The redhead calmly admits, leaning forward and beginning to blow her newly painted fingernails, mainly in attempts to cease the smile that's threatening to spread itself across her face, Penguin chuckling softly in the background.

"Yeah, when you're not bickering like an old married couple!"

A humorous response but one that still causes Kyo's frown to deepen nonetheless.

"We do not bicker." A blatant lie which only earns her an obnoxious snort from Penguin in return.

"Are you having fun speaking about me, Kyo-ya?" A new voice emerges as the captain himself enters the room with a smug smirk, Bepo following closely behind with a bowl full of food that they've collected in his paws.

"Such an ego, Trafalgar. Whoever said I was speaking about you?"

She once again doesn't miss Penguin's reaction to her words, the pirate clearing his throat in a weak attempt to mask the small chuckle that escapes his lips, earning himself a somewhat pointed glare from Kyo in retaliation.

Don't you even think about saying a word, you little snitch.

"It's pretty obvious." The captain carelessly murmurs as he gestures toward Bepo, seemingly signalling where to put the food as Kyo's pout deepens.

"Obvious like your disguise?"

"No, obvious like the blush on your face." 

Law's response instantly silences the girl as her hand swiftly shoots up to her cheek, seemingly trying to check her temperature, which only has the raven's smirk widening and Penguin boldly cackling.

"Damn! We do not bicker, she says!" The boy blurts in between laughs, only causing the redhead's eyes to fall closed as she irritably huffs to herself. 

"Shouldn't you be on lookout?" Law swiftly shutting up the giggling crew member next as his golden eyes dart toward the man, causing him to hastily scamper to his feet immediately.

"Y-Yes, Captain! Right away!"

And just like that, Kyo's annoying little friend is gone. 

"I see the hunt for food went well." She lowly murmurs before blowing against the nails once again, drawing in Law's gaze as he lightly nods his head. 

"And I see that blending in has gone equally as well for you, Kyo-ya."

"Do you think so?" The girl uncontrollably smiling at his words as she glances down at her clothing, a vague blush spreading across her cheeks, it's almost like he knows that she was fretting over the outfit beforehand.

"Better than I do, apparently."

And just like that, her smile has vanished.

"Oh, Trafalgar, you know I like your disguise really. The kimono compliments you very well." Her reply actually gains her a small hum in appreciation, something that makes her grin since she isn't necessarily used to seeing Law care about compliments, or even insults for that matter. Naturally, this doesn't stop her from teasing him a little. "It even shows off your lovely legs."

"Real funny, Kyo-ya." 

"Who says I'm joking?"