Discussing Feelings.

"You're staring..." Law mumbles calmly, his eyes never leaving the page of the book he's reading, he can sense Kyo watching him from across the table and has recently learnt that she does that when she's trying to study him or when something is playing on her mind.

They're surely past the stage of her studying him by now though and he hasn't given her a reason to doubt him so he's admittedly a little confused as to why she's watching him like a hawk. 

The girl merely humming to herself quietly before her peepers flicker back down to her notepad, resuming her writing. 

"What is it, Kyo-ya? Are you stuck on a word or something?" Law's very much used to her asking him for assistance when she's reading or writing - she claims she forgets how to spell certain words sometimes and although she's good at reading and writing, the words can sometimes be the simplest of things; she didn't know what melancholy meant until he told her (after reading it out for her, her guess-pronunciation was awful.)

But in her defence, she had never seen the word before, much less knew the meaning of it.

"No, you just give me weird feelings." A simple answer really, her voice doesn't harbour much emotion to it, but it still manages to confuse the surgeon further. 

What weird feelings? Why? He hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. 

"Such as?"

His response seems to trouble the girl some more, a thoughtful pout dominating her features as she glances back up at him, seemingly trying to figure out the best way to explain herself. 

"I don't know what word to use..."

Now he's getting a little impatient. Marking his page, Law then closes the book before leaning back in his seat, his piercing orbs solely focused on the redhead sat opposite him. "Try."

"Hm? Well, I suppose I just feel...safe here...with you." Well, Law certainly wasn't expecting that. The doctor slowly propping his elbow up on the table and resting his jaw against his knuckles as he patiently waits for his ally to continue, it isn't often he gets to hear exactly what's going on inside her head after all. "But that would be implying I didn't feel safe beforehand, which is incorrect, I've never felt like I'm not safe. I've always been confident in my abilities, I know I can handle myself and if I couldn't, I know I'm good at slipping out of trouble but...maybe I just don't feel like I need to be so guarded around you? I think...what is that feeling?"

Perhaps I shouldn't have said that aloud. If pa hears about this, he'd skin me alive for sure.

"N-Neverm--"

"That's called trust, Kyo-ya." 

"...Trust?" 

I'm not meant to trust anyone but...he's different, isn't he? I feel like I can trust him...maybe.

"Do you really not know what trust means?"

"N--Yes, I do! Obviously I know what it means, I just didn't know what it felt like!" Her reaction only sparks a smirk from the doctor as he reaches for his cup of coffee, making the girl silently kick herself for her stupidity.

Why not just him my biggest insecurity while I'm blurting out truths?!

"Kyo-ya, would it hurt if I betrayed you?" All he gains in response to that is a slight frown, the redhead clearly confused and possibly now expecting the worst from him, her brown orbs studying his every move as he brings the hot drink to his lips.

"I guess...I'd still kick your ass though."

"Mhm." The tan male calmly hums, swallowing a mouthful of his warm beverage before continuing. "If it would hurt then that would imply it'd be unexpected, meaning that you must trust me at this very point in time."

"...I see..." The girl's eyes are still glued to him, causing Law to sigh to himself as he sets his book aside, focusing his attention on the blueprints that Bepo had given him for the next island.

"And I'm not going to betray you for the record, so you can stop staring at me like that now..."

The redhead's eyes widen briefly before she swiftly averts her gaze off to the side, a pale blush spreading across her cheeks. "I wasn't, you were staring at me." 

And once again, Law finds himself distracted. "No, I wasn't!"

"If you knew I was watching you then you must have been watching me..."

"W-What?! What kind of logic is that?!"