The Dream.

[[A/N --- this one is published late and based during the timeskip, I hesitated because I felt it had too many imperfections but sadly, no matter how I write it, it doesn't seem to improve much. I hope you guys enjoy it at least.]]

"My dreams? I haven't dreamed in a while..." 

"Not that kind of dream, Kyo-ya." The raven sighs with a somewhat deflated expression dominating his features. "A dream as in what you'd like to do, an end goal."

"You mean my aspiration?" The redhead calmly questions, a mildly confused pout etched into her features as she carefully tattoos the word 'Death' on his hand, apparently he likes how neatly she writes so he had requested (more like demanded) that she does this inking session for him. 

Not that she minds much, she quite likes the trust he has in her. 

"Yeah, sure. Aspiration." 

The girl frowns as silence sets in, the only sound in the room is the buzzing of the tattoo gun as she ponders whether or not she should tell him, it's a stupid dream that she has always had since she was a child and Trafalgar is definitely the type of man to point out if an idea is ridiculous. 

The mere thought of him speaking down at her is already raising her defences - of course, it's only brief, the loud buzz of the needle snaps her out of her thoughts and she quickly notices that she's pressing too hard into the surgeon's finger, earning herself a small grunt as a drop of blood runs down his digit.

Oops.

"Stay still, Trafalgar." 

God forbid she takes responsibility for her mistake.

"I was staying still!"

"Don't yell at me!"

All she receives is an irritated huff in response, the raven settling down in his seat and surprisingly allowing her to continue her work, his golden eyes fixated on the ceiling as she finally opens up to him. 

"When I was a little girl, I had a fear of sleeping because I often had night terrors." Her odd little confession causes the doctor's brows to knit together thoughtfully, his orbs shifting toward her face and observing her pout and small concentrated frown as she gets started on the 'A' on his finger. "So, I'd try to stay awake by sitting with pa and listening to him read adventure books."

That seems to pique the male's interest, his eyes still burning a whole through her face as she moves onto the 'T' next, her own fingers slipping under his to hold his digits into place as she inks them. "Adventure books? That isn't what I'd expect from a man like Hawk-ya."

His observation merely earns him an amused hum, the girl pausing her work of art briefly to shoot him a small smirk. "There isn't many books in the world that Dracule Mihawk hasn't read, he likes to be well-informed." 

"Sounds familiar." Law lightly mocks, watching as the girl resumes her work on his fingers, shockingly she has nothing hostile to say for once.

"The adventure books sent me to sleep despite my desires to stay conscious but at least I rarely had nightmares after listening to those, I'd sometimes dream that I was the one having the adventures. Naturally, I wanted these dreams to become reality, I wanted to travel the world and write about my findings so...that's what I'm doing and what I've been doing for 4 years now."

She can't help the small wave of anxiety that's subtly washing over her, refusing to take her focus away from Law's fingers for even a moment as she gently turns his hand slightly and getting started on the final letter of the tattoo he had requested.

"So that's what you're always writing about in your journal?"

"It's a journal, what else would I be writing about?"

"A plan to take us down from the inside." Law answers so quickly that Kyo has to pause once again to allow his words to sink in, her brown eyes darting up to meet his golden ones as a low hum rumbles in her throat. 

What--?

"How cowardly. If I had quarrels with you then I'd be very clear about it, I wouldn't sneak my way into earning your trust only to betray you." Her voice is almost a hiss as she replies this, her attention swiftly turning back to his pinkie finger and finishing up the 'H' as neatly as possible. 

That kind of bahaviour would make me no better than that bastard, Teach.

"Hm...I believe you." 

Those words from Trafalgar's lips destabilise her some, she almost presses too hard with the tattoo gun once again as her body tenses. It's only 3 measly words but they speak volumes to her for reasons unknown, her heart fluttering madly inside her chest momentarily before she pushes the feelings back and resumes the final letter.

And...we are finished.

Setting the gun aside, the redhead reaches for anti-bacterial spray and begins to squirt the new tattoo, amazingly the surgeon doesn't even flinch at the stinging sensation. He must be used to it by now.

The girl then proceeds to wrap each digit with bandages. 

"Can I read your journal now, Kyo-ya?"

"What? No!"

"Why not? You'll publish it to the world one day, won't you?"

"I'll edit it first! Right now it has personal thoughts inside it!"

"Oh? And what might those be?" 

"None of your business, Trafalgar!"

-------