jaehyun [end]

Finals were over, meaning you had an entire two weeks of break before your next semester started up. And you and Jaehyun already had plans on how to spend it. The sound of your apartment door opening made you perk up from where you had been reclined on the couch. It was Jaehyun, and you wasted no time in flinging yourself at him.

He didn't even stumble back, instead wrapping his arms around you, "Hey, Y/N!"

You didn't respond, grabbing his face and melding your mouth to his hungrily. He'd been kept so busy with grading finals that you hadn't seen him in almost a week, which had been much too long. Jaehyun had no problem with kissing you back just as eagerly, running a thumb over the slightly raised scar on your cheek.

"I missed you," you said when you pulled back, voice just a slight whine.

He chuckled, pecking your pouty lips, "I missed you too. But that won't be a problem anymore, will it?"

Today Jaehyun was officially moving into your apartment, and you were giddy with excitement. Taeyong had been out for a while, having moved into Yuta's spare bedroom fairly soon after the battle at the shrine-at first his excuse was watching over the Kitsune while he recovered, but then he finally admitted that he enjoyed spending time with him, and they actually were really good friends.

Jaehyun had already practically moved in, spending nearly every night at your place anyway, with half your dresser and closet taken up by his things, and his shows in your watch history on your streaming service. He had only lived in his apartment again for the past five days to grade the finals of his classes, claiming that you were simply too much of a distraction and he'd get it done quicker that way. His lease was up at the end of the grading period, too, and he didn't renew. Looking behind him, you saw just a suitcase and a couple of duffel bags. He really already had most of his stuff at your place anyway.

"No, it won't," you confirmed with a grin, letting go of him to help bring in his bags.

"So, are they dating?" Jaehyun asked as he followed you back towards the bathroom, and you knew exactly who he was referencing.

"No, Jae," you snickered. "They're not. Well, not as far as I know. We just couldn't tell you that Taeyong was my catboy roommate, you know? And then I let you draw your own conclusions."

You'd had your back to him as you set the bag next to the bed, and before you could turn around, an arm was around your waist, pulling you back into a firm chest, "Oh, you were... devious, weren't you?"

"Still am," you teased back.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Want me to prove it?"

"God, yes."

Later that night, you turned around from your dresser in your pajamas to see Jaehyun already sat at the head of the bed, book open in front of him as he perused the pages with concentration. You clicked the main light off, leaving just the lamp on your bedside table on to give Jaehyun enough light to read by. One of his record players was set up on a corner of your dresser that had been cleared off just for it-his other one in your living room-and he'd put on a smooth, older record to play as the two of you winded down for the night.

"What are you reading, Jae?" You questioned, walking towards the bed.

"Here," he patted his thigh, and you immediately complied, laying your head in his lap. He readjusted to run his fingers through your hair with one hand, pausing to press a long kiss to your forehead before he began reading to you from the book.

It was a story you'd never heard of, about magical creatures, wonderful places, and the fighting of some great evil. You listened to his voice, feeling it drip over you like warm honey, sweet and filling, lulling you into a state between waking and sleep where it seemed that only happiness and love existed.