jaehyun [twelve]

As you walked down the streets with Mark, you realized that this was the first time you'd really hung out with him not on-campus or within the context of school—you'd gone to his apartment once for a partner Literature assignment, when his roommate was out—and he was a lot of fun. Sometimes he'd say something that took you a minute to fully process and left you bewildered about how the wiring of his brain worked, but other times the two of you seemed like you were on the same wavelength, immediately clicking with goofs and jokes to each other.

Finally reaching Bibliophile Books, you pushed the door open to show Mark in, the bell above the door twinkling pleasantly. You didn't see anybody at first, and wandered over to the office door to knock on it.

"Your parents aren't in," Sicheng's voice carried to your ears, and you looked to see him halfway down the aisle next to you, organizing a section of books. "They leave early Fridays."

"Oh, okay," you sighed, watching him turn to continue shelving. A flash of something poked out from under his collar, and your eyes widened. "Sicheng, what's on your neck?"

"Uh, nothing, why, is there something?" He asked, smacking a hand over it. "A bug?"

Mark had joined you and looked between the two of you with an eyebrow raised, "Uh, did you not know that he's your True Ayakashi, Y/N?"

Your eyes widened. It was what you thought it was. Sicheng's face mirrored your own, only doubled with Mark's presence.

"I'm what?"

Turning around, you pulled down the back of your shirt to show of your neck, "You've got the same thing, Sicheng."

"Holy shit, finally," he groaned aloud, then turned to Mark curiously. "And who are you?"

"Oh, Sicheng, this is my friend Mark, he's an Onmyoji too. Mark, this is Sicheng, he's an Ayakashi."

Sicheng shelved the last book and completely disregarded your friend to ask, "Y/N, when did you get your powers?"

"Uh, Tuesday night."

"Oh, yeah, I can feel you now," he mused thoughtfully. "I thought the Onmyoji I felt was your friend, but yeah, I can sense your powers too. They're... never mind."

"They're what, Sicheng?"

The Mizuchi dragon bit his lip, clearly not wanting to tell you whatever he was thinking. Or trying to figure out how to word it as to cause the least amount of damage. After a moment, he sighed shortly and said, "They're not as strong as I had expected them to be."

"Oh, right. You were all saying how I was supposed to be the most powerful Onmyoji in a millennium or something," you retorted bitterly. "Sorry to disappoint."

"Maybe your powers are just activating gradually, instead of all at once!" Mark piped up hopefully. "Proper training could speed things along!"

Sicheng looked at him suspiciously, "Let me guess, you're going to offer to train her."

"Well, I was thinking me and Master Jungwoo. Do you know Master Jungwoo? He's a Tsuko-gami, he—"

"Lives in the shrine on the mountain and used to be a flute, his brother Sungchan used to be a drum," you finished. "Yeah, I know him. He's also one of my True Ayakashi."

"Woah, that's cool," Mark's eyebrows shot up, clearly impressed. "He helped me with the beginnings of my Onmyoji training. The two of us could get you Divining in no time!"

"Oh, Jungwoo and I already have plans to start my training."

"I could still help out! It might be easier for an Onmyoji Diviner to explain or demonstrate how to Divine to you. I'd be supplemental though, Jungwoo would run the show!"