jaehyun [twenty]

Opening your front door that Friday afternoon, you half-smiled and half-grimaced at Yuta, letting him enter your apartment. The grimace wasn't because your friend was over at your place, the grimace was for the reason that he was at your place. Jaehyun had insisted on picking you up for the Lenticular dinner, and you had to have a good reason for Taeyong already being at your apartment. And thus, Yuta was here to help cover, make it seem like he had brought Taeyong over and all three of you were hanging out beforehand. Perfectly normal.

"Hey, Yuta, thanks for coming over," you closed the door behind him.

"No problem," he reassured you, eyes already locked on Taeyong sitting in the corner of the couch, fists clenched and ears popping out just to angrily flatten against his head. "Hey, pretty kitty."

"I have dishes to finish. Play nice, boys," you warned them lowly before retreating into your kitchen.

"I will," the Kitsune smirked mischievously as he stalked closer to your Nekomata.

You shook your head as you picked up the pan from your omelet this morning, cheese burned onto it, to begin scrubbing. Right as you were rinsing it, you heard a distinct mrow! of warning then a sharp bark in reply before the scrambling of paws across your hardwood floor. Peering into the living room, you were caught off-guard to see Taeyong in his cat form being chased by a sleek black fox. Right, Yuta could do that. You'd forgotten as you hadn't seen him in his fox form since the last time he visited your parents shop some time ago. You were worried just for a second before Taeyong turned around to pounce on Yuta, swiping at his face. Judging by Yuta's lack of vocalization of pain, the Nekomata had his claws in. They were just... play fighting? Either way, you had more important things to do than referee whatever was happening there.

Continuing with your washing of dishes, you finished soon and left them in the drainer to dry, not really feeling like hand-drying them at the moment. You returned to the living room to sit on the couch, watching the two animals in your home with amusement. You were pretty sure they were getting along. Yuta was at least having fun.

"Wonder what the neighbors think is happening over here," you mused aloud, mostly to yourself.

Taeyong swatted Yuta's bushy tail one more time before lithely bounding over to you and delicately leaping up onto the couch. He circled your lap once before curling up and laying down, staring right at Yuta, who was sitting on the floor, adorable fox head tilted in confusion.

"Sorry, Yuta," you shrugged at Taeyong's sudden mood change. Apparently it was just a momentary truce while you were out of the room.

Yuta turned back into a human to flop down into the other corner of the couch, stretching his back, arms, and legs then his neck with a groan. "Don't you get cramped up from being in your animal form, Yonggie?"

"No," Taeyong deadpanned, kneading his paws against your thigh.

"Ow!" You hissed when his claws came out and pricked at the tender flesh of your inner thigh. "Yong, your claws, we've talked about this."

"Sorry," he mumbled, settling for flopping onto his back instead.

You'd just started cooing over his cute toe beans when another knock came to your front door. Taeyong reluctantly rolled back over and off your lap, transforming into his human form. Once you had visual confirmation that both the Ayakashi with you looked like perfectly normal human beings, you only then opened your front door.

Jaehyun was in the hallway, and you eagerly greeted him with a peck on the cheek, "Hi Jae."

"Hey," he replied, squeezing your arm as he moved past you into your apartment. When he saw the two men on your couch he added, "Oh, hey, Yuta."