jaehyun [twenty-three]

After feeding Taeyong and getting some schoolwork done, you got a text from Jaehyun letting you know that he was on his way to come get you. He had informed you that he had something planned for you, but that it was a surprise and just to dress comfortably for the weather. You were a little nervous, but you trusted him.

As you heard knocks at the front, you gave Taeyong's cat head a couple pats before dashing over, hastily opening the door. Jaehyun greeted you with a soft smile and warm hug, which you easily snuggled into, your chest feeling funny as he pecked your forehead.

"Hi," he said quietly, rubbing your back. It was then that you noticed he was only hugging you with one arm, and you pulled back to look curiously at why his other hand wasn't free.

"What's in the bag?" You questioned, nodding towards the large tote that was in his hand.

"You have an A in World Literature, but you don't know what 'surprise' means?"

"Oh, piss off," you scoffed, turning to lock your door behind you.

His arm snaked around your waist to hold you close to him as he peppered kisses on your neck, and suddenly your fingers didn't work as they fiddled and fumbled with locking the door. The task took about ten seconds longer than it normally did as your brain momentarily short-circuited. Once the door was locked, Jaehyun let go of you as if nothing had happened and took your hand in his free one to start leading you down the hallway.

As the two of you walked through the city, you tried to guess what was in the bag, where you were going, and what you were going to be doing. He shot down all of your suggestions with amused shakes of his head and adoring glimmers of smiles, fingers laced with yours. You swung your linked hands, humming to yourself between guesses as you tried to come up with progressively more ridiculous scenarios.

The office buildings soon gave way to lines of tiny shops, and you perked up as you recognized one.

"Can we go get something from Marvelous Macarons?" You asked, at full attention now as your mouth watered just thinking of their delicate and delectable pastries.

"Maybe later," Jaehyun shrugged off your question, not even looking as you passed it by. You, however, longingly gazed at the display through the window, the colorful rounds calling your name.

Feeing just a touch melancholy now, you walked just a little closer to Jaehyun, arm pressed against his side. He snickered and pecked the crown of your head quickly, "I'm sorry to deprive you of your overpriced desserts, Y/N."

"You say that as if you think I'll be offended by it. I'm aware of how expensive they are. That's why I get them as a treat for special occasions."

"Today's a special occasion?"

"We're going on a date, isn't that special enough?"

"Smooth, Y/N."

"Thanks."

"We're not doubling back to get macarons right now."

"Damn."

Finally, Jaehyun slowed your pace and took a sharp turn off of the sidewalk. You were on the edges of a local park, a clear grassy area where most days kids would be kicking a ball around, or flying kites on windy days. There were a few other patrons there, an elderly couple taking a walk together, and a mother and son on the playground a ways away.

Jaehyun stopped underneath a large oak tree, setting the bag down and letting go of your hand to reach into it. He pulled out a large blanket, peach in color, with yellow flowers on it. You watched as he laid it on a flat area, then promptly sat cross-legged on it and started retrieving even more things from the bag. You followed his lead, sitting by him as he pulled out sandwiches wrapped in yellow patterned parchment paper, a platter of fruit slices, another platter of various cheeses and crackers, two wine glasses, and a bottle of sparkling grape juice dyed a light pink to mimic rosé.