jaehyun [eleven]

All throughout Friday, you had a skip in your step, even at your singular class in the middle of your day that usually pissed you off just by existing. Nothing could dampen your spirits. After all, tomorrow you had your first date with Jung Jaehyun. You didn't even pay attention in your lecture that day, too busy texting Jaemin and Yuta separately, both hyping you up for your date tomorrow. It was a little embarrassing, but you were still grinning as you shot a text back while leaving your lecture hall at the end of the class.

As you walked towards the building doors, you were reading the text Yuta had just sent in response to your cheekily vague answer when someone grabbed your shoulder. You turned to look at them, surprised to be met with the face of Mark Lee.

"Hey, Y/N!" He grinned, and you noticed that his penny board was in his hand.

"Hey, Mark," you stopped to chat. "What are you doing here?"

"Roommate needed a late lunch delivered to him and his usual plug was busy, so I subbed in for today."

"Ah, okay. I just got out of my first, only, and last class of the day."

"What class?"

"Principles of Chemistry I."

"Fun," he wrinkled his nose sarcastically. "Anyway, I've got nothing better to do for the rest of the day, you want to come watch me skate?"

In a similar boat of having no plans that afternoon, you shrugged, "Sure."

Sitting on a planter outside the practically abandoned library entrance, you watched Mark skate around on the various concrete and metal surfaces in the courtyard in front of it. He tried to do a kickflip, but just ended up nearly breaking his ankle.

"Haven't you been a skater boy since we were in high school?" You called out to him with a judgmental eyebrow quirked up.

Mark tried and failed once again, before correcting you, "I hung out with the skater boys in school, but I didn't start skating until this semester. Figured it'd help me get around campus quicker."

"Does it?"

"Yeah, I'm just not good at tricks."

"What ever happened to all your skater boy friends, anyway?"

Mark held his penny board in his hand as he wracked his brain to answer your question, "Dejun moved away in high school, YangYang decided to go to college in Germany for some reason, and Jisung is still in high school, he's graduating this year."

"Sungie!" You exclaimed brightly, always having fond memories of him. "I haven't seen him in forever!"

You remembered the younger boy well, you'd babysat him for your first three years of high school and when he got old enough that he didn't need a babysitter, you tutored him. That didn't come until he was a freshman in high school, however, when you were a senior. He had finally convinced his parents that he didn't need a babysitter anymore, especially one who he now went to the same school as. They conceded. Kind of. Your title was changed to "tutor" and you came over less frequently.

Another attempted kick flip. He almost landed it that time.

Mark switched gears, trying a different trick now, "When was the last time you saw him?"

"Mine and Jaemin's joint graduation party, I think."

"Oh, so before he hit his growth spurt."

"...Yeah."

"He's a giant now, and still growing unfortunately."

"Can you tell him I said hi the next time you see him?" You requested, and Mark smiled.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll be glad to hear that," he had a mischievous grin on his face as he stopped skating once more to walk towards you. "He had a huge crush on you."

"Oh?"

"It was so annoying because he wouldn't shut up, but it was also so funny because he was so easy to rile up about it!"

You shook your head at the man, "You're mean."

"Well we don't make fun of him for it anymore, but yeah, at the time we definitely were mean."

"Does he still live off Pleasant Peach? Maybe I'll drop by sometime, it'd be nice to chat with his mother again."

"Uh maybe not with that thing on your neck," Mark pointed to his own skin awkwardly before returning to skating. "Like, obviously Jisung knows deep in his heart that you fuck, but I don't think he'd love to be confronted by blatant evidence of it, you know?"

You smacked a hand over your now fading hickey, glaring at your friend, "I never thought that one little hickey would be such a fucking big deal to a bunch of fully-grown adults."

"What do you mean? Jisung's like twelve."

"I mean, you, Jaemin, Yuta, and Johnny all seem to think me having a hickey is the most interesting and scandalous and gossip-worthy thing ever."

"Your annoyance is pure gold, Y/N," he snickered before almost tripping and falling on his face.

"Oh, great."

"Anyway, who's it from?"

Crossing your arms defensively, you stared him down defiantly, "I'm not telling you."

"Why not? It's not like I know the person—Wait, unless I do, and that's why you don't want to tell me."

You gave no response.

"Okay, it's got to be someone that we both know, and that we know the other knows. Probably not the four you just listed because why would someone give you a hickey then freak out about you having one, you know? Hm... unless it is, and you were trying to throw me off the scent."

You rolled your eyes, "That's some extreme 4D chess you're playing with yourself there, Mark."

"Right, you're not that smart."

"Hey!"

"I think our only other mutual acquaintance would be Jaehyun. Oh my god, Y/N! You are fucking the TA!"

"Shut up!" You hissed, looking around for any sign of other students from your Lit class, or God forbid, your actual literature professor. "Look, I know there's been rumors since the beginning of the semester because Jaehyun and I were friends, but nothing has actually happened. We've... expressed romantic interest in each other, but we haven't even had our first date or anything, okay?"

"Nothing has happened?" He eyed your neck pointedly.

"I really don't have to explain myself to you."

"And yet you are."

Now fully infuriated, you stood up from the concrete planter, "I'm out."

"Y/N, hey, I'm sorry," your friend genuinely apologized, and you shook him off with a light smile.

"I know, but I'm officially bored of watching you suck at skateboarding, so I'm going to head out."

"You're mean too, Y/L/N Y/N."

"I know," you stuck your tongue out childishly. "I'm going to pop into my parents' store like a good daughter, actually. You're more than welcome to join me."

"Sure," Mark shrugged, grabbing his backpack that had been set down beside you and tucking his penny board back in it.