jaehyun [three]

When a knock came at your apartment door a couple weeks later, you leapt up from your couch immediately. Bending down to pat Taeyong in his cat form, you pressed a peck to his furry forehead, "I'll see you later! I'll bring leftovers, okay?"

He mrowed in response, knowing that the humans on the other side of your apartment door might be able to hear him.

Opening your front door, you smiled at your friends in the hallway.

"I heard Tama!" Jaemin yelled out from behind Yuta and Jaehyun.

"No!" You quickly slammed the door behind you as Yuta grabbed your best friend to physically hold him back. "Not today, Jaemin."

"Fine," he pouted, but threw his arms around your neck nonetheless. "Hi!"

"Hey, NaNa," you chuckled, patting his back and looking around. "Hey, Yuta, Jae. Couldn't get Jeno to wake up?"

"I did!" Your friend answered proudly as he let go of you and your group headed for your stairwell. "He's waiting for us out front. Didn't want to climb the stairs."

"Ah, of course."

Regrouping with Jeno—who had been snoozing on a bench outside your apartment building—the five of you headed for Bell Street, and more specifically, Lenticular Café. Surprisingly, when you arrived, the café was packed. There was even a few patrons by the host's stand waiting to be seated. Renjun was dropping off plates and picking up checks at the same time. He bustled over to the register to make change, not even acknowledging your presence before running to drop the change back off.

"This is a lot busier than the last time we were here," Jaemin whistled lowly, looking around.

"Looks like your flyers worked, Y/N," Jaehyun patted your shoulder. "Half the people here go to our college."

Looking at the patrons' faces, you realized that he was right. Some were vaguely familiar to you, one even very familiar to you. Catching Mark's eye, you waved to him, and he eagerly waved back. The man who was sitting across from him turned around to look as well, dark eyebrow raised in interest when he spotted you. Mark set his fork down and stood up, seemingly excusing himself from his companion to walk over to you.

"Hey, Y/N! Jaehyun, too!" He greeted you all, eyes sparkling. "The food here is seriously so good! And what's weird is that you don't even order, they just bring it to you!"

"I know, Johnny's that good of a cook, it's like he can read your mind," you responded with mirth, briefly glancing over at Renjun, the actual mind reader.

"You know the cook?"

"Yeah, he's a friend. Renjun too."

Catching Yuta's eyes, you figured you should probably make introductions, "Mark, this is Yuta, Jeno, and Jaemin. Guys, this is Mark Lee, we sit together in World Lit."

"Y/N, did you forget that we went to the same high school?" Jaemin questioned. "We both had a million classes with Mark."

"Right, my bad."

Mark tried to hold back his snicker before gesturing towards his table, "Ten and I should be done soon. Hopefully, that'll help clear up a spot for you guys to be seated in a reasonable amount of time."

Right, Ten, his roommate, if you were remembering correctly.

"Alright, it was good to see you, Mark," you said. "See you in class."

"See you, Mark." Both Jaehyun and Jaemin gave him their goodbyes, startlingly in sync for a moment.

Glancing at them briefly, you returned your gaze to the rest of the café to see people from two tables leaving, and Renjun coming back to the host's stand.