jaehyun [four]

Monday morning found you furiously taking notes as your professor lectured and Jaehyun sat beside you. When the professor was just lecturing, Jaehyun liked to sit in random seats in the lecture hall with the students. Today, he'd chosen the empty seat that was next to you. Oddly enough, Mark wasn't in today. Then, the professor finished off the lecture by assigning some questions to you all about analyzing some poems by the poet he had lectured on today. You'd already read the poems, as per the assigned reading on the syllabus, but it made no goddamn sense to you.

As he dismissed class, you quickly packed up and shouldered your bag with a groan. You were not looking forward to trying to bullshit your way through these questions.

"Tired, Y/N?" Jaehyun questioned as the two of you left the classroom together.

"No, dreading this assignment," you admitted. "How am I supposed to analyze poems when I don't even know what the fuck they're saying?"

"You can come to my TA session on it," Jaehyun suggested, then added pointedly, "You've never come to one before."

"Don't take it as a personal affront, Jae. I've never gone because normally shit makes sense to me, but I cannot for the life of me analyze what the fuck this dude is trying to say."

"I have a session tonight."

You sighed, "What time?"

"Four to seven."

You were supposed to get dinner with Jaemin—who was keeping up his promise of visiting Lenticular Café every week—but he'd understand you having to cancel, "Alright, I can do that."

Jaehyun flashed you a dimpled smile, "See you then."

Watching him walk off, you pulled out your phone to text Jaemin.

[you: can't make it for dinner, study session]

Jaemin was quick to text back, despite you knowing that he was still in class.

[jaems: that sucks, how dare you get a good education]

[you: unlike you, who is texting me in class rn]

[jaems: prof let us out early, wanna get brunch right now? still at lenticular of course]

[you: oh of course]

[you: and sure, yeah, im outside the lit building]

[you: wait don't you have another class in less than an hour]

[jaems: i already planned on skipping today anyway]

[you: responsibly skipping, i hope]

[jaems: you know me so well. anyway, i see you!]

You looked up from your phone screen in time to see Na Jaemin barreling towards you. Letting out an 'oof' at the force of the hug, you said, "Hey, NaNa."

"Hey, Y/N!" He drew back to grab your wrist. "Now come on!"

Reading the numbers on the study rooms you passed, you were looking for 1806, according to the flyer of information Jaehyun had sent out at the beginning of the semester to the whole class. 1800, 1801, 1802, 1803, 1804, 1805, finally, 1806. But when you opened it, there was just a couple making out. With a disinterested eyebrow raised, the girl looked at you for a brief moment before resuming their activity. Cringing at yourself, you quietly shut the door and looked around.

"Y/N?" Someone whisper-yelled at you from the end of the hallway, and your head snapped around to look at them.

It was Mark, and you immediately rushed over to him, "Mark, are you going to Jaehyun's TA session?"