jaehyun [two]

The next day after your classes, you found yourself thinking about your trip to Lenticular Café yesterday. The restaurant had been pretty banged up, Johnny and Renjun probably needed help. As soon as you entered your apartment, you were given your standard greeting by Taeyong—which consisted of him attacking you within your first five steps into your apartment: if in his cat form, he would wrap himself around your ankles, making it impossible for you to walk without first stopping to give him ear scratches; or if in his true form, he'd throw his arms around you and press his head against your neck, hair tickling your skin. Today was the former, and with a playful sigh, you knelt down for him to immediately push his head underneath your hand.

"Hey, Yonggie, have a good day?" You cooed down at the cat.

"Yep!" He answered in his normal human voice, startling you from the reverie with your pet. Right, he was not your pet, he was a human-adjacent man.

"I was going to head down to Lenticular and see if the guys need any help with putting the café back together. You coming?" You asked as you stood up to head into your kitchen.

Taeyong turned into his true form to follow you into the kitchen, "Sure!"

"Great, let me get a glass of water then we'll go."

You passed by the open kitchen pantry and caught sight of something. Or rather, a certain lack of something.

"Taeyong, did you eat the rest of the Goldfish?"

"No!" He whined in his defense. "I poured myself a cup... then spilled the rest."

Flipping open your garbage can, sure enough, most of the contents of your new container of Goldfish were in there, "Oh my god..."

"You always throw food away that's been on the ground!"

"Yep, yep, you did the right thing, Yong," you assured him, turning back to your glass of water.

Once again in front of the yellow 'X' of caution tape over the doorway of Lenticular Café, you called out into it, "Johnny! Renjun! Are you guys there?"

You heard sounds from upstairs, then Johnny was emerging from the hallway that you could clearly see now without the purple curtain. He grinned at you two, "Hey! You guys can come in, duck under the tape."

Doing so, you met the Domeki halfway, where the holes in the floorboards had been fixed. Your friend gave you a hug, and after pulling back, you looked around at the café. The debris had been cleared out, but apparently most of the furniture had been destroyed as well, as it was pretty barren. White patches sharply contrasted the purple walls, holes that had been fixed up.

"Hey, little lady, Taeyong. What are you two doing here?" Johnny asked.

"We wanted to see if there was anything we can do to help with the café."

"Right now we're just waiting on furniture shipments, those are coming tomorrow and the day after, and we're hiring people to help install everything. Renjun's out finding replacement décor right now and we'll probably put them up the same day we install all the furniture... so nope! There's nothing you can do to help with the café right now."

Your face fell, "Oh, are you sure?"

"I said, 'nothing you can do to help right now,'" he repeated, making you perk up. "But if you come back tomorrow morning, I can give you some flyers announcing our grand re-opening. It'd be a real help if you put them up around campus or something, and tell all your friends, and tell your friends to tell their friends."