jaehyun [seventeen]

The next morning you woke up to a paw in your face, and you swatted it away with a grumble. Rolling over, you buried your face in your pillow. You were this close to falling back asleep when this time a human hand shook your shoulder.

"What, Taeyong?" You pulled your face back out of the pillow to spit out.

"There's someone at the door," he informed you. "Two someones. Jaemin and Yuta, specifically."

You groaned, "Oh, I forgot we had brunch plans today, great."

Grabbing your phone from the nightstand, you saw several missed calls and texts, then the screen was overtaken by a new incoming call. Jaemin.

You picked it up, "Morning, NaNa."

"Good morning, Y/N!" He chirped back. "Glad to hear you're not dead. Can you let us in?"

"Yeah, give me a second."

Hanging back up, you turned to Taeyong, "Cat, please."

He obliged before slinking out of your bedroom and down the short hallway with you. You unlocked your door, opening it up for your friends to come in. Jaemin hastily threw his arms around your neck, pushing you back into your apartment. Yuta closed the door behind the two of you, eyes already locked on Taeyong on the ground. The Nekomata bristled momentarily, and you could imagine him warning Yuta not to try anything while he had to stay in his cat form.

"Hey, guys," you yawned, pulling back from Jaemin. "Let me go get changed. Please don't harass my cat."

"No promises!" Jaemin replied, making Taeyong's hackles go up even more.

You retreated into your bedroom, quickly finding an appropriate outfit. Next step was to do something with your hair, then brush your teeth and meet your friends back in your living room. Jaemin was kneeling on your couch, leaning over the back, seemingly trying to grab something behind there.

"Leave Tama alone!" You chastised him, immediately knowing what he was reaching for.

"He loves me!" Jaemin argued back.

Before you could deal with him, Yuta had gone over to the couch, grabbing him by his shirt and yanking him back from the couch, "Seriously, leave him alone, Jaemin."

"I just want to love on him!"

"He doesn't want you to love on him."

Taeyong padded out from behind the couch to run over to you, and you crouched down to stroke his head reassuringly.

"Sorry, NaNa," you shrugged to your friend, stroking from Taeyong's nose to his tail before moving to stand up. "Alright, let's go."

"So... did you sleep through your alarm?" Yuta asked as he led the way out of your apartment.

"I didn't set one," you answered, locking the door behind you. "I'm usually up by now normally; I didn't think I had to set one."

"Oh, and what could have made you so tired?"

You glared at him knowingly, "We went stargazing last night, the stars are out pretty late."

"You two didn't do anything else that could have made you so tired?"

"Nope."

"So you two only admitted your feelings to each other because you nearly fucked, then on your first date you didn't fuck?"

"Good summarizing, Yuta. A-plus on comprehension and paraphrasing skills."

Jaemin snickered from your other side as you three emerged onto the sidewalks. He leaned behind you to push on Yuta's shoulder, "Leave her alone, Yuta. They're taking it at their own pace."