Epilogue

Rachel
Carole invited Noah and I to stay on Christmas Eve so that we could wake up on the morning of Christmas Day together which is why we're all currently in the living room watching movies, drinking hot cocoa whilst the fireplace is on; a perfect way to celebrate Christmas.

Finn is on the corner of the couch as I'm snuggled tightly into his embrace as Chris sits on the floor and plays with his toys. It's strange to think that last Christmas I was sitting here pregnant but now he's here and I could have never asked for a better baby.

Burt is on the other end of the couch, his arm slung lovingly over Carole's shoulders who is ignoring the movie and watching her grandson fondly. Noah is on the floor with Chris as Kurt sits in the middle of the couch complaining to himself about being a third wheel, personally I find it hilarious but he's been told to shut up on numerous occasions; I guess I'm used to it seeing as I'm his best friend.

A knock on the door interrupts us as Carole goes and pays for the 'traditional' Christmas Eve pizza, but in my opinion it makes the night even better. "I'm going to feed Chris" I announce quickly before leaving the room and returning with his baby food. I know that it totally grosses Noah out so I take him into the dining room where I put him in his baby chair and feed him there.

The feeling of my boyfriend's lips on my cheek startled me and I look up at him as he had a big grin on his face. He sits beside me and I look at him questioningly before he pulls out a plate from behind his back that's stacked with slices of pizza. "We'll eat in here seeing as Puck is a wuss with his baby food" he shakes his head and smiles.

"Chris' first Christmas huh?" I ask and he grins at me. "isn't is crazy how last year I thought that being pregnant would ruin my life when it's really given me everything I could have dreamed of" I sigh contently.

"I know, you're kind of lucky" he smirks and I raise an eyebrow. "Just kidding, I'm the lucky one"

"You're still not forgiven for abandoning me before" I joke. "Me and your mom spent 2 whole hours wrapping gifts just for Chris, AKA your son"

"Hey" he puts his hands up in surrender. "I was buying some last minute gifts"

"Oh so you forgot about me?" I cry in mock offence although the smile on my face gives everything away.

"I could never forget about you" he whispered huskily, his hand dropping between my legs. I shudder under his touch and brush his hands away quickly.

"Your son is right there" I gasp.

"And he'll understand when he's older" he mumbled, his mouth moving to my neck.

"Finn" I squeal. "Later" I tell him simply, it seems to be a good enough answer as he removed his hand and mouth and we start to eat pizza whilst feeding Chris.

"I'll hold you to that" he promised.

Once we finished feeding Chris, we return to the living room and eat with everyone else as we resume the movie. Finn and I look down amusedly as Noah tries to watch the movie and Chris keeps crawling all over him and playing with his face. In the end, Noah ends up tickling him gently as his laugh fills the room. Best Christmas ever.

...

"Merry Christmas" Finn whispers gently in my ear the next morning and I mumble something inaudible in response, turning over to sleep. "Rachelllll" he drones amusedly as he plants kisses all over my neck.

"What?" I mumble as I bury my face in the pillow. He kept me up last night, not that I'm complaining but I'm now super tired.

"It's Christmas, don't you want to open your presents?" He asked with a laugh.

"Letting me sleep would be the best present in the world" I reply.

"Rach" he whines.

"It's your fault you kept me awake" I groan, pushing him away and snuggling further under the covers.

"I did didn't I?" He laughs suggestively and I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Shut up" I curse at him although my mouth curves into a smile which he can't see because my face is still covered.

"Oh come on baby it's Christmas" he moves his hands towards my naked body and tickles me as I try and squirm out of his grip.

"Fine" I say between laughs. "You don't play fair Hudson" I shake my head disapprovingly.

"Ah but you love me anyway" he grins before capturing my lips with his, I cup his cheek as he deepens the kiss and when I'm really getting into it he pulls away.

"No" I groan, moving closer to try to connect our mouths again but he just laughs.

"Presents" he says simply.

"You're ruining my day" I huff.

"I'll make it better later" he winks. "How about we go and wake up your brother?" We both get dressed quickly, me in a white off the shoulder jumper with a small reindeer and a pair of red tartan bottoms. And Finn wearing a plain t- shirt with some sweatpants.

We make our way into the nursery/guest room where Noah is sleeping and we look to Chris' crib in the corner where he is stood up and peering through the gaps with a smile on his face. "Merry Christmas baby" I sing softly as I pick him up out of the crib and kiss his face all over. "You gonna wake up uncle Noah?" I ask in a baby voice as I nuzzle his nose and he giggles.

Finn and I place him on the bed and he crawls up to Noah who grunts at the contact. I just cuddle into Finn's side as we watch with a laugh at how hard it is to wake up my brother. "Noah you have presents" I say simply, causing him to shoot up in the bed.

"Well, that was easier than you" Finn teased as I nudged his side with my elbow playfully.

"Where is everyone else?" Noah asks as he rubs his eyes.

"Kurt, Mom and Burt are downstairs" finn explained. I lift up Chris as we walk downstairs where Carole has laid out a beautiful looking table of food, she smiles brightly when she sees us and opens up her arms for me to place Chris.

After breakfast we moved into the living room for the gift exchange. Chris had so many and he needed a little help opening everything but the smile on his face makes it worth it. Once the floor is covered with all his things, he starts to play with his new toys so we decide to exchange our own gifts.

"I want to give Rachel hers in the dining room" Finn announced when it was the only gift left. Everyone smiled knowingly and I looked at him questioningly as he helped me stand up.

"What?" I ask with a laugh once he's dragged us away. Instead of answering he pulls me towards him and kisses my lips gently.

"Do not say anything until I'm finished" he ordered and I nodded, taking a seat.

"I love you" he started and I smiled at him. "And I know that I want forever with you, I know that what we have is something special and the fact that we've already found each other makes me excited for the life we have ahead. We have a perfect baby and I can't wait to have more with you, when we're older this time of course" he laughs and I smile as I wipe the stray tear falling down my face. "So" he continues, getting down on one knee as my eyes widen.

"This isn't an engagement ring" he chuckled. "I know we're not ready for that yet, this is a promise ring. A promise for forever, a promise that I will love you unconditionally for the rest of my life, a promise to wipe your tears and to make you laugh and to give you the worlds greatest Finn loving" I laugh at his choice of words as I hold out my hand where he gently places the diamond ring.

"I love you so much" I whisper, jumping into his arms as he buries his face in my hair.

"I love you more" he whispers. When we pull away I raise my hand to admire my ring as he kisses it gently.

I know that with Finn Hudson by my side, everything will be okay.